Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A8 2002 Audi S8 Brilliant Black / Soul Black Alcantara

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Audi S8 Brilliant Black / Soul Black Alcantara

Link to additional pictures: click here

Link to carfax: click here

2002 Audi S8

Color: Brilliant Black (ext) / Soul Black (int)

Miles: 156315 (a few miles will be added for test drives and to and from storage)

Options: Solar sunroof, Audi Navigation System, Front and rear parktronic, Tire pressure monitoring system, Premium package (Expandable ski sack, Electric sunshade for rear windows and manual sunshades for rear side windows, Heated rear seats), Leather Alcantara package (leather door panels, lower dash in leather, leather center console sides, Headliner, hat shelf and seat inserts upholstery in Alcantara)

Price Sold
Title in hand

This is a clean Carfax, no accident, non smoker, 3 owner example. The carfax shows 6 owners but it seems the car was traded amonst a couple of dealers before the PO took possession. The car is in fantastic shape for its age and mileage. The body is straight and the paint is in great condition for the miles. Everything works. The interior is in fantastic condition with no major wear. The leather has shrunk at the edges of the original door panels so I replaced them with a super nice set of standard door panels. The original extended leather door panels are included with the car if you wish to repair them. I am also including a new, uninstalled, Blauparts valve cover gasket kit with the car for when the time comes. The car drives fantastic and must be seen in person to fully appreciate. I have two keys, all manuals, and one navigation disc for the car. I searched two years before finding this car with these options as it is a very rare example. I fixed all the known issues on the car and drove it about a 1000 miles before recently stumbling across a much lower mileage example. I am selling the car because I don't need two.

Recent work performed while in my ownership:
1.) Rear differential service (Fluid change, new axle flange seals, drain and fill plugs)
2.) New rear differential mount
3.) New rear main control arm bushings (left and right)
4.) New rear hub carrier bushings (left and right)
5.) New rear wheel bearings
6.) New gas tank strap
7.) Fully rebuilt front calipers with "S8" logo decals (Media blasted, painted, clear coated, pad guide plates straightened, new pistons and seals, new bleeders, new pad retainers and pins)
8.) Serviced rear calipers (one recently rebuilt, painted, new bleeders, pins cleaned and lubricated)
9.) New, factory lower idler pully and accessory belt
10.) Gruvenparts billet Intake Manifold Linkage Arms
11.) Rebuilt wiper arm assembly (Totally disassembled, cleaned and lubricated)
12.) Instrument cluster rebuilt by BBA remanufacturing due to dead pixles in center LCD display
13.) Transmission service (Fluid and filter change, pan cleaned and painted, new gasket)
14.) Oil pan service (Cleaned and painted, new gasket)
15.) New factory, front passenger window regulator

Work performed by previous owner (01/02/2014 @ 155228 miles)
1.) New fuel pump assembly and filter
2.) Timing belts and water pump
3.) New front brake discs and pads

Last edited by chad951s; 10-09-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Added a link to carfax for those interested. Also updated the maintanance list as I had forgotten that I replaced the front passenger window regulator.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Bump.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The car is still avaiable. There's a lot of car for the money here. I also wanted to point out that the suspension was replaced at one point with all factory parts. It is in great condition. Please let me know if you have any specific questions or would like additional pictures taken. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

bump. I am willing to entertain reasonable offers from audiworld members.

Last edited by chad951s; 05-15-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How many miles are currently on the vehicle? Where is the vehicle located? Condition of tires and brakes?
Old 07-27-2015, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The car currently has about 156400 miles. I am not driving the car on a daily basis. It has been in storage since being serviced and placed up for sale. The car is located in St. Louis, MO.

Please see the additional pictures link in the ad as I have photos of the tires with a tire depth guage. The tires are in useable shape. They are Rikken raptors. These are a cheap, summer, performance tires. The previous owner installed them and they are a few years old. They are a little noisy from sitting but drive fine.

The brakes are in great shape. The front pads and rotors have very few miles on them (see ad description). The rears are in great shape as well. I would say the rear pads are at half their life.

Last edited by chad951s; 07-27-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

really nice S8!
Would love to see a small how-to on the brake caliper refurbish.

I want to do that to my S8.

When my S8 died I looked for a car like this to replace it but couldn't find one so I put 6K into the one I had. I would have bought this one. The maintence history is what I was hoping to find but all I found were AS-IS S8's where you asked about service history and got the impression that the car had possibly the oil chnaged and that was about it. Of course you would want to sell that S8 for $8k because its a ticking time bomb.

This car should sell quickly.
Good luck.

Do you own 2 S8's right now? If so I would love to see pic of your garage
Old 08-03-2015, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'll see what I can do in regards to a caliper rebuild how to. The only thing I didn't do my self on the calipers was install the new pistons and seals. I had my master Audi tech buddy do that for me. I wish this car would have sold fast. Sadly, that isn't the case. The average person is scared of these cars because they don't understand them and or don't work on their own cars. These are enthusiast cars. Always have been since new. I hear you on the service history. Most folks don't understand the cost of what has been done to this car. They see examples going for $6K and must think I am batty asking amost $4K more for mine. However, when you factor in the options on this car and the rarity of said options plus the service history one will see my asking price is exteremly fair. Oh well, she doesn't eat much so I'll wait until the right buyer comes along. That person is out there.

Here is a pic of my garage. Well, two bays of it anyway. 01 on the left and 02 on the right.

Originally Posted by omarcarbomb
really nice S8!
Would love to see a small how-to on the brake caliper refurbish.

I want to do that to my S8.

When my S8 died I looked for a car like this to replace it but couldn't find one so I put 6K into the one I had. I would have bought this one. The maintence history is what I was hoping to find but all I found were AS-IS S8's where you asked about service history and got the impression that the car had possibly the oil chnaged and that was about it. Of course you would want to sell that S8 for $8k because its a ticking time bomb.

This car should sell quickly.
Good luck.

Do you own 2 S8's right now? If so I would love to see pic of your garage
Old 09-06-2015, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Price drop to $9000. I just finished driving the car the past few days and everything is functioning as it should. One won't be dissapointed.

Quick Reply: Audi A8 2002 Audi S8 Brilliant Black / Soul Black Alcantara