Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other 2004 Audi S4 Nogaro Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Audi S4 Nogaro Sedan

I have a B6 S4 that I have owned since new, it is time to let her go. Full disclosure - the car has the 'tick' it has not be diagnosed, there has been no CEL, and while it has ticked for over a year it has not been driven more than 200 miles in the last 2 years. I'd like to see the car go to an enthusiast but in a couple of weeks I'll go trade it in if someone doesn't want it.

The car has about 68,514 miles (confirmed 1/11/15). Is located in zip 07307. Has been garage kept it's whole life. It served as daily driver for the first 3 years after which I always had a second car.

Details:
It has a manual 6 speed, is a nogaro blue exterior with black interior. I can't recall the names of the packages it has but above standard it has: sunroof, heated seats, ski sack, rear window shades.

Aftermarket parts added: front and rear sways, coilovers (KW V3), brake rotors/lines/pads, short shift (KMD), full exhaust (Milltek downpipe and catback), intake (can't recall brand), integrated V1 radar, f/r laser jam, audi navigation unit with Sirius, cover.

Recent work: auxiliary radiators were replaced within 2500 miles, same for front control arms also recent, coilovers were rebuilt, new battery and a/s tires

In addition to the 'tick' a recent inspection indicated that several of the coil packs needed to be replaced and that the downpipe to catback connection was dented and needed some work.

$8,000 (open to all realistic offers)

Email serious interest only to bddesign at msn dot com

Dropbox folder with pictures is enclosed, you'll see that the pictures are a couple of years old, the car has been driven very little since then, I'll take more over the next few days and email them to those with interest

EDIT: Perhaps I have been unclear by saying 'tick': the chain driven 4.2L has a common issue, a `tick' that is apparently the chain rattling against the block as a result of slight slackening due to chain tensioner wear. Most cars require the motor pulled at some stage in order to prevent tensioners and various other plastic guides from ultimately breaking off and ruining the motor. The `ticking' noise is apparent on startup on this car, has been for years, and MAY require the rebuild now, but could potentially be driven for many more happy miles with no issues, there is no way to tell.

Note: I am NOT a mechanic, or particularly mechanically inclined person, so consider the language above a laymans guide. There are numerous discussions on the forums on this matter

Link to pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/di28iaw3w...0qp1Y2maa?dl=0
And more here: }}}} Detailed Nogaro B6 S4 {{{{