Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other For Sale '02 Allroad - 90K miles - needs torque converter - $3000

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale '02 Allroad - 90K miles - needs torque converter - $3000

Located in Seattle, WA.

2002 Green Allroad Automatic with Grey/Black Leather interior. Loaded - Xenons, Bose, Cold weather pkg, back-up sensors, power mirrors, heated seats (driver's not working properly), all weather mats and trunk cover.

I bought this Audi certified in Dec 2005 with 25K miles and have put only 65K miles on it in the past 9 years. I work from home, so this has been used for a combination of city driving and trips to the ski resorts and Eastern WA. I have a nearly complete stack of service records and receipts (~ $15K worth). Regardless of the money invested, it's always been an amazing car to drive, but I just bought a '13 Allroad so this one needs to go.

The Bad:

- Torque converter needs to be replaced. It's an expensive repair, hence the very low price for the vehicle. No noticeable slip or issues with the transmission yet, but was diagnosed about 500 miles ago.
- Driver's seat heater not working properly. It started to slightly burn the seat years ago and I did not replace it.
- Large dent to the right front bumper/quarter panel. Some jerk did this in a parking lot and fled. No paint damage, but the dent is visible in the attached photo.
- General wear and tear to the interior - some scratches in the leather, buttons and controls have faded a bit.

The Good:

- Nearly complete stack of service records from the Audi certified stage through current ('14)
- Recent full tune up (August)
- valve cover gasket repair
- timing belt and water pump (at 77K)
- brakes and rotors done at ~ 80K
- Hankook Ice bear high performance M&S tires with good tread remaining
- air compressor replaced, both front air springs were replaced with Arnott Gen 1 springs. One was replaced last year under warranty.
- Routine and consistent oil changes
- Other than the dent mentioned above, the back bumper has some scratches but otherwise the paint is in good condition... just needs to be buffed and waxed.

If you can do the work yourself or have an affordable mechanic, this car still has a lot of life in it... and most of the major repairs (sans the torque converter) have been done.
Attached Images