Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Negative rim offset

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative rim offset

While daydreaming my perfect 2015 Audi TTS that I get to order in 9 months I was hoping you guys could answer a question.

The '15 TTS has an 18 inch 255 tire but I want at least a 300 tire at all 4 corners. If I were to purchase a rim with enough negative offset to compensate, how would I go about protecting my suspension bits? What changes would need to be made so the magnetic suspension does get messed up?

On a side note, in my magical mind, I would like to get a lighterwight 15 or 16 inch rim with a higher profile tire. Not counting negative offset, does the change in rim size affect the suspension in a negative way?
Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens
While daydreaming my perfect 2015 Audi TTS that I get to order in 9 months I was hoping you guys could answer a question.

The '15 TTS has an 18 inch 255 tire but I want at least a 300 tire at all 4 corners. If I were to purchase a rim with enough negative offset to compensate, how would I go about protecting my suspension bits? What changes would need to be made so the magnetic suspension does get messed up?

On a side note, in my magical mind, I would like to get a lighterwight 15 or 16 inch rim with a higher profile tire. Not counting negative offset, does the change in rim size affect the suspension in a negative way?
You need to maintain the same outside diameter of the OEM tires. So if you increase the width of the tire you need to decrease the aspect ratio - which means a bigger diameter wheel. Spend some time on Tire Rack website to understand these technical issues.
The following users liked this post:
remziadnan (07-03-2020)