Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Tires and wheels vs different vehicle? All weather and surfaces.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires and wheels vs different vehicle? All weather and surfaces.

Best set of tires and wheels for driving and parking in snow and off-road in all weather. Nokian wrg2 seems to be a tire highly recommended and tested by Consumer Reports but I am trying to find the size that I need for this vehicle. so I am wondering if this may be the best option?
My audi q5 will come wit 20 inch wheels. Tires will be summer high-performance. I am looking for a better all weather and all off-road tire that will not give me a huge decrease in emergency response or emergency /handling and braking cornering etc.
I am thinking of trying 18 inch wheel and tire Package so I do not decrease the emergency handling on road of the q5. Maybe a stiffer side wall tire would be the best answer? Speed rating is another concern. I have not found any tires yet that would do well in snow and off-road. Most are best for on road only driving and light snow.
I'm wondering if the jeep Cherokee or the Dodge vehicle might be a better purchase.
I like the safety, handling, driving performance, fuel economy and comfort of the Audi Q5. but due to how I will use,where I live and type of work I do I must have a vehicle I can drive in all weather and a little off-road also.
I put $5000 down on the new Q5 but I'm wondering if I can get the money back? Should I apply it to a different vehicle?
Thank you.

Last edited by mtnbikerva1; 12-29-2013 at 12:24 PM.