Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Went a little crazy with the pressure washer.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Went a little crazy with the pressure washer.

Hello,

Yesterday I was pressure washing the inside of my wheels that were almost pitch black from all the brake dust. The pressure washer worked fantastic for that, but then I got carried away. I pressure washed the front of the wheels, which also worked fantastic, but a little too fantastic. Luckily I only did it to two wheels. One wheel is very minor, and the other I would call mild/moderate damage. Basically it took some of the finish off of the lip of the wheel. I have included a picture of the wheels I have, although I could not find a paint code online anywhere. I’m hoping I can find some paint and use an air brush to paint over the small spaces that need refinishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

While we are here, what have you guys done to reduce brake dust with OEM pads? My front wheels are fine and never have brake dust issues, but the rears are the complete opposite. I have thought about going to ceramic pads, but would prefer to use OEM pads. After I pressure washed the 2 rear wheels, I applied Armor All Brake Dust Repellent, which has good reviews but supposedly only lasts a month.
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only recommendation is to take the wheel to an Automotive paint supply shop, where they should offer to scan the wheel and mix up a "custom" match
Old 06-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should powder coat them..