Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Yokohama Advan Sport A/S

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, Tire Rack now has 15 reviews and 9 of the 15 are from Audi owners. All the Audi reviews are super positive and the overall scores are, thus far, near the top of the UHP all season tire comparisons, too. There aren't enough reviews yet for it to show up in the comparison chart but the numerical average in the mid 8s is very high indeed.

It would be great if you could add a review to Tire Rack, too. Once enough get posted, I'm sure it will be added to the overall chart .
Old 11-13-2014, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ah . . . now I do see what must be your review at Tire Rack. Great detail shared.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We've had some rain and cold rain in the low 30's. No monsoons. The tires performed fine. Frankly, they just did what they are supposed to do, and I did not think much about them.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Test comparison is now out at Tire Rack. Interesting that they felt the Hankook's and Yokos were similar in noise and ride comfort. They tested on a Bimmer. Differences are dramatic in my experience on the A7 with the Yokos far more quiet and less jarring, too. They also felt the Yoko's were grippier both dry and wet, although neither one rated as high for wet grip as the Conti DWS or new Pirelli Plus which led the pack of the four tested. The Pirelli's are not made to fit my A7 tire size and still very satisfied with the Yoko. For dry grip and cornering the Yoko led the pack. All four rated highly with the Hankook lowest of the group.

The Tire Rack UHP all season user reviews test chart has the Conti DWS as top choice, Hankook second. The Yoko and Pirelli still to new to have enough user reviews to be included although the older Yoko S.4 is also near the top.

Last edited by onthebeam; 11-23-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Hmm. I wonder how the review would look after 10K+ miles when the Pirellis become out of round, the noise level increases exponentially and the excessive tread life is noted.
Also, I'm disappointed that they ignored the popular UHP all season Michelin A/S3 and Bridgestone RE970AS in the comparison which makes the test incomplete.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update on wet conditions.

I just drove for four hours in rain on the interstate. Pretty heavy at times. I maintained the speeds that I would have used in dry conditions. Felt safe at all times.

I did a little test swerving in the heavier rain, and grip remained steady.

I tested hard braking as well with excellent response.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Joe@joeadams.com
Update on wet conditions.

I just drove for four hours in rain on the interstate. Pretty heavy at times. I maintained the speeds that I would have used in dry conditions. Felt safe at all times.

I did a little test swerving in the heavier rain, and grip remained steady.

I tested hard braking as well with excellent response.
This is great to hear, thanks for your testing.

I'm thinking of getting these Yokohamas as my new daily S4 tires because I need a decent all season tire for this upcoming winter in the Denver Colorado area.

I have done the past 2 winters with an A4 on my Pirelli P6's and I really hate those tires but they managed to get me through the snow ok.

Hopefully someone will have some snow input soon?
Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by QuartzS4
This is great to hear, thanks for your testing.

I'm thinking of getting these Yokohamas as my new daily S4 tires because I need a decent all season tire for this upcoming winter in the Denver Colorado area.

I have done the past 2 winters with an A4 on my Pirelli P6's and I really hate those tires but they managed to get me through the snow ok.

Hopefully someone will have some snow input soon?
If you are in Colorado - you need snow tires
Old 01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus or the Yokahama ADVAN Sport A/S

Hi everyone...I'm in need of your advice... I live in NJ and have a 2012 A7, 19 inch wheels, no sport package. I'm a spirited driver to say the least and am replacing the Eagle LS-2s (wearing down as I head into winter and find they are soft in turns and terrible in wet weather) and have narrowed it down to either the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus or the Yokahama ADVAN Sport A/S. I've always been a Yokohama fan putting them on my high performance SUVs. My hesitation is that they're new and no one has any experience with them in the snow. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Skidawg
Hi everyone...I'm in need of your advice... I live in NJ and have a 2012 A7, 19 inch wheels, no sport package. I'm a spirited driver to say the least and am replacing the Eagle LS-2s (wearing down as I head into winter and find they are soft in turns and terrible in wet weather) and have narrowed it down to either the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus or the Yokahama ADVAN Sport A/S. I've always been a Yokohama fan putting them on my high performance SUVs. My hesitation is that they're new and no one has any experience with them in the snow. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus has a smoother and quieter ride, long wear, and better snow traction compared to the Yokahama ADVAN Sport A/S. The Yokahama ADVAN Sport A/S has better dry grip, quicker steering response and a bit better handling between the two.

Tires http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AR8&...ires/index.jsp

Quick Reply: Yokohama Advan Sport A/S