|October 8, 2001
September Sales for Audi of America
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Audi of America, Inc. today announced that its September sales of 4,926 represented a decline of 18.3 percent over the last year's record when sales were 6,031. These results add up to Audi's best year-to-date with a total of 63,658, a 5.6 percent increase over the same period last year when sales were 60,276.
Sales by model were:
- The Audi TT reported 809 units sold versus 1,092 units in September 2000.
- The Audi A4 sold 2,004 versus 2,350 for the same month last year. October represents the introduction of the all-new 2002 A4.
- The A6 posted 1,310 for the month versus 2,388. The 2002 version, featuring an all-new aluminum block 3.0 liter engine and the new revolutionary mulitronic transmission (CVT) will be on sale later this month.
- The allroad quattro sold 644 for the month.
- Audi's all-aluminum flagship A8 reported total sales of 159, down from 201 in September 2000.