|November 8, 2001
Audi of America October Sales Report
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Fall has arrived and so have the 2002 Audis. In the first month of the new model year, Audi of America, Inc. today announced that its October sales of 6,154 represented an increase of .9 percent over last year's sales of 6,100. These results add up to Audi's best year-to-date with a total of 69,812, a 5.2 percent increase over the same period last year when sales were 66,376.
Sales by model were:
* The Audi TT reported 1,049 units sold versus 1,202 units in October 2000.
* The Audi A4 sold 2,529 versus 2,457 for the same month last year. October represents the first month of sales of the completely redesigned 2002 A4.
* The A6 posted 1,665 for the month versus 2,196. The 2002 model, featuring an all-new aluminum block 3.0 liter engine and the new revolutionary mulitronic transmission (CVT) went on sale late September.
* The allroad quattro sold 659 versus 70 in October 2000 when the model was just being launched.
* Audi's all-aluminum flagship A8 reported total sales of 252, up from 175 in October 2000.