|March 1, 2013
Audi off to strongest U.S. sales start of any year in its history with 26th consecutive record-breaking month in February
Source: Audi of America
Audi SUV models in high demand with Audi Q5 sales up 57% and Audi Q7 sales up 147% - Audi A6 and Audi A8 sales also strong
Herndon - Audi today reported February sales of 10,877 vehicles, making it the strongest start to a year in the brand's history. Sales for the month rose 27.5% from a year earlier, with January-February year-to-date sales up 17.2% to a record 20,993 vehicles delivered to customers.
February stands as the 26th consecutive month of record sales for Audi.
Audi luxury SUVs met a significant boost in demand in February, as the Audi Q7 more than doubled its sales with a 147% sales gain, and the Audi Q5 registered 57% higher sales. The Q5 crossover vehicle now ranks as the best-selling model in the brand lineup.
February sales represented robust results for the most premium Audi vehicles (the Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8 and Audi Q7), which constituted 30% of the Audi sales mix for the month. Demand for the Audi A8 flagship sedan continued to rise with a 22% increase, while sales of the technologically advanced Audi A6 increased 41%.
“The consistent growth of Audi sales reflects an underlying strength in business fundamentals,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Our dealers are more motivated than ever, our product attributes have captured the attention of premium car buyers and our brand image has never been stronger.”
• Sales mix for Audi S models finished the month at 17.4% for the S4, 34.1% for the S5/ RS 5, 16.3% for the S7, 13.9% for the S8 and 57.1% for the TT S/ TT RS.
• Audi A4 sales up 14% compared to February 2012; YTD sales grew 8% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 41% compared to February 2012; YTD sales grew 25% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi A8 increased 22% compared to February 2012; YTD sales grew 39% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 57% compared to February 2012; YTD sales grew 36% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 147% compared to February; 2012 YTD sales grew 46% compared to previous period.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 27.2% for the A3 TDI and 34.1% for Q7 TDI.
• For the record-setting month of February 2013, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A6, Audi A8, Audi Q5 and Audi Q7.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 2,786 vehicles marks a new record for February CPO sales.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT
||Feb. '13 Actual
||Feb. '12 Actual
||Yr/Yr % change
||Feb. '13 YTD Actual
||Feb. '12 YTD Actual
||Yr/Yr % change
|Total Audi Sales
|Total CPO Sales
- 2012 A4 includes Audi A4 Avant, A4 sedan, S4 sedan and Audi allroad models.
- 2012 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet models.
- 2012 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
- 2012 A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
- 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe'; TT and TTS roadster models.
- R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 Spyder models.