|Tech Article Title
|How to Reset the Service Interval Light 2002+
When the dealer services your car, they are supposed to reset the oil or service interval warning light that comes on in place of your trip odometer when you start your car. To reset it yourself to a fixed interval (you need to hook up to a computer for a variable interval), follow these instructions:
1. Insert your key into the ignition.
2. Push in the service button (with the crescent wrench icon), just left of the odometer reset button, hold it in, and turn the key to ON without starting the car.
3. The display should read either "SERVICE IN ????KM" or "Service!" if it does not, repeat steps #1 and #2.
4. To reset, push and hold the odometer reset button until you see "---" (dashes) for the distance and days until service.
5. Turn the ignition to the off position. When the ignition is turned back on, the "Service!" reminder will not show (until it gets close again).
The key to this is to perform step 4 before the "Service!" message disappears and changes to the usual message about holding the brake down while shifting out of Park.