Bumper Removed and Ready for Snub Removal/Install
(Side Note: Wifey comes out to garage and says "WTF...Are you sure you know what yer doing?" HA !!! I said.)
18. Loosen till almost removed (DO NOT REMOVE) top torx 45s bolts on both right and left bumper support brackets.
19. Remove bottom (2)-torx 45 bolts on both right and left bumper support brackets.
20. Remove fender/front torx 30s screw from left and right sides.
21. Firmly seperate lower front end from framwork.
Top of front is still attached...And that's okay for this snub install.
Lower front should move 2"-5" away from frame to facilitate snub removal/install.
22. Get underneath front of car and locate snub mount, snub "Cup" and snub mount bracket.
Notice that I've marked the lower right hand corner of the snub cup.
I did this to help me not forget the exact orientation of the snub cup.
23. While on back, use knees to aid in moving front outward to create space for rachet/socket.
24. Remove front snub cup bolts. (4)-13mm
25. Remove engine snub mount bracket bolts. (3)-8mm Allen Bolts.
26. Pull entire snub assembly out.
27. Before pulling off Stock Snub, study orientation of snub.
Installation of new snub MUST be oriented identical to stock snub.
Also note the there is a back and front side to the snubs...
Follow that orientation also.
28. Remove stock snub w/screwdriver.
29. Press new snub on.
30. Re-Assemble of entire project in Reverse Order.
31. Use Thread Lock on all critical bolts.
(Snub Mount Bracket Bolts & Bumper Bracket Bolts)
None needed for Bumper...
Bumper has locking top plate.
ALMOST HOME :)
32. Do NOT final tighten front snub mount bracket till engine is warm. Reassemble all except under belly pan.
33. When engine is warm, adjust snub "cup" so that equal space all around between snub and snub cup.
Tighten all bolts.
34. Reinstall under belly pan.
35. FINISHED !!!
BEFORE & AFTER