Audi set multiple U.S. sales records with 23.1% gain in June
– New sales records established for June, second quarter, and first six months of any year
– June marks the 42nd consecutive record month of sales, with 16,867 vehicles sold
– Best month for all-new Audi A3 Sedan; sales of premium segment vehicles remain strong
HERNDON, Va., – Audi reported June 2014 sales of 16,867 vehicles, a 23.1% improvement that stands as the brand’s 42nd consecutive month of record monthly sales. The second quarter of 2014 also set a record with 49,121 vehicles sold. Audi sales year-to-date increased 13.6% to 84,349 vehicles sold with the January through June 2014 period now standing as the best first-half sales in Audi U.S. history.
“In just six months this year, Audi has sold more vehicles in the U.S. than it did over a full year as recently as 2009,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “The spring launch of the all-new A3 sedan is the latest building block for this achievement along with the continued success of our sport-utility models and a strengthened presence in the top premium segments. Underpinning all of that is a steadfast commitment to elevate the Audi brand through a sustainable business model.”
Audi June sales improved throughout the lineup when compared to year-earlier results. The A3, A4, A6, A7, A8, Q5 and Q7 all posted sales gains.
The all-new 2015 Audi A3 Sedan recorded its strongest month with 2,452 vehicles sold in June, its third full month in the U.S. market. The Audi ‘A-segment’ lineup will expand again in late summer with the arrival of the all-new as Audi A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI, S3 performance sedan and the Audi Q3 crossover.
Audi sales momentum continued at the top of the Audi lineup, as well. The Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7 made up one-third of total Audi sales with an increase of 16% YTD.
Audi A6 sales increased 15.8% to 2,191 vehicles sold for the month, while year-to-date demand for the A6 increased 19.8% to 11,910 vehicles sold. Sales of the Audi A7 rose 12.3% in June to 686 vehicles sold, while demand for the A7 increased 10.6% to 4,469 vehicles sold YTD.
June results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q5 crossover posting a 15.2% gain on 4,025 units sold for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 16.5% to 1,429 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 8.8%, while YTD sales for the Audi Q7 increased 28.2%.
June 2014 was the 11th consecutive record month for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 7.4%, to a total of 3,649 CPO vehicles sold. Year-to-date Audi CPO finished June up 13.8%, achieving the best second quarter and first half on record for the brand.
– The all-new 2015 Audi A3 sedan models officially went on sale this spring, with 7,735 vehicles sold since launch.
– Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 16% YTD, representing 32.5% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 38% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
– Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 15.4% for the S4 sedan; 31.2% for the S5/ RS 5; 4.4% for the S6; 19.1% for the S7 / RS 7; 12.1% for the S8; 20.2% for the TTS and TTS Roadster, and 5.1% for the SQ5 crossover.
– Sales of Audi A6 increased to 15.8% compared to June 2013; YTD sales grew 19.8% compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi A7 increased 12.3% compared to June 2013; YTD sales grew 10.6% compared to previous period.
– Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 15.2% compared to June 2013; YTD sales grew 8.8% compared to previous period.
– Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 16.5% compared to June 2013; YTD sales grew 28.2% compared to previous period.
– June sales mix for Audi TDI models: Audi A6 TDI at 18.2% on 398 vehicles sold; Audi A7 TDI at 13% on 89 vehicles; A8 TDI at 17.9% on 105 vehicles; Audi Q5 TDI at 15.6% on 627 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 31.5% on 450 vehicles; with an overall mix of 14.9% on 1,692 total TDI sales for June.
– Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 7.4% to 3,649 vehicles in June; YTD CPO sales rose 13.8% to 21,827 vehicles sold.
– Five best Audi U.S. sales months all time (in order from best all time number first): Dec 2013 with 17,013 units sold for the month; June 2014 with 16,867 units, May 2014 with 16,601 units; April 2014 with 15,653 units; and Dec 2012 with 14,841 units sold.
– Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.