2015 A3 1.8T EPC Light On

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 A3 1.8T EPC Light On

Hello,

So I've seen recent post on here about others having EPC issues on their brand new S3's .. I figured I post mine on here as well and hopefully get some feedback from you guys. Thanks!

I've had my A3 since ending May 2014, I've had no issues prior to this whatsoever. My car has approx. 8k miles.. And came out of the dealer at 20 miles.. Was one of the few to hit the lot when they first started coming out. I broke the engine in, babied my car in 91 Chevron since purchased.

Last month I was driving it in D, about 40 mph the EPC light came on and suddenly the engine started to lose power and the car was acting as if it wanted to stall.. My wife was with me and I handed her the manual to read on. Nothing was suggested but to pull over nearest location and take it to dealer. So I pulled over to our location and turned off the car waited a couple mins. Turned the car back on and light was off. It was driving fine since, the light did not come back on but I also would noticed the transmission to hesitate to go into gear. So I finally made time and called the dealer to set an appointment.

They took my car in on Monday and got a loaner car. The service writer called me Monday late noon and said the car was ready so I was surprised and it was closing time. So I picked the Car up today in the morning. The technician checked his computer for codes and the EPC light was stored and it stated no issues but there was another issue for cylinder #3 misfiring. He checked all spark plugs and found nothing wrong. They also added a fuel additive G17?? And said to test drive it let the additive do its work and bring it back in if it happened again...

We'll see what happenes now.. Any feedback will be nice. Thank you.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also , they said it might of been bad fuel, but I did tell them it had nothing but 91 chevron. No cheap stuff. And yes it's been more than a year and I rarely drive the car for long periods of time and has 8k miles.. For those wondering.