Oil in turbo intercooler circuit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 12:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil in turbo intercooler circuit

Dear All,
I am new here, so please excuse me if I make some mistakes.
I have a A4 1,8 TFSI 120HP engine CDHA.
The car has just 90.000 Km and it start to consume oli.
Every 800Km, I have to put one liter of oil.

I have dismounted the hoses and intercooler radiator and I found inside oil (around 600ml).
I think this is not normal, because this circuit is for air which come from air filter, turbine and goes to inlet of the engine.
I have also observed that oil come in the turbine aspiration from the hose which come from oil separator module with PCV valve.

Also, the hose from PCV module to the air inlet engine side, have oil inside (is not dry).

I have change the oil separator module with a new one, updated version made in 2017, but the situation is the same.
I think, part of the oil is again inside intercooler circuit and a part is consumed by the engine (vaporous oil).

Probably the PCV module is ok, but something else is wrong inside engine. But the engine works ok and I have absolutely no error codes.
I have read that PCV valve open if the pressure inside motor is increased, to avoid damage the seals to be damaged, and whet it to this, the non-filtered oil vaporous are let to reach inside turbine aspiration.
This big pressure inside motor carter can be made by poor sealing’s of cylinders / pistons, because of the pistons rings.
For this motor, I understand that the pistons rings for lubrication are not ok, coming from factory, and motor have to be repaired sometime after 50.000 Km.
Have anybody same problem, what can I measure (pressure inside engine carter, compression of the pistons…?).
I have to be shore that the pistons rings are the problem, before to dismount the engine.
The Pistons have to be changed with a revision part number, so the lubrication rings to be bigger, can somebody tell me the part number for new revised pistons?
Best regards.