Please help audi a4 1.8 violently jerking in all gears

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help audi a4 1.8 violently jerking in all gears

So recently I got my audi stuck in lull ruts (construction boom forklift) it bottomed out on the crossmember but took some time to get it out. afterwards I drive up the road a little to see what happened and to check if it was still functional. After letting off the clutch and easing into throttle the car violently jerks forward in all gears unless I feather the throttle till it grabs the feeling based on my observation is that the pressure plate isn't making solid contact all the time and the jerking feeling is the diaphragm springs. It shifts the same from gear to gear (no resistance) the clutch releases when pedal is depressed and stalls with the foot on the brake. I did notice when I mash it it slips and I have a hissing noise from underneath of the car. I checked both the slave cylinder and master cylinder and bled the system. Another issue that might tie in is that I have a low idle(around second line from the bottom) when the car is sputtering and jerking on take off and unless i raise rpm to 3 grand on take off it will jerking and sputter until I stop raise rpm and slowly release the clutch (burning the clutch I know but the only way to get it to move) once rolling I can shift feather the throttle and release the clutch normally. After work the day it starting not working right i drove it on the highway about 50 miles or so. Not really sure where to go from here i took automotive in high school rebuilt a jeep i6 engine not a chump just running out of run way at this point thought I'd see if anyone on here would have an explination all reply are appreciated need to figure this out as it is my transportation to work