FAILED IAC valve (more commonly known as the Idle Stabilizer Valve, or ISV) HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAILED IAC valve (more commonly known as the Idle Stabilizer Valve, or ISV) HELP

My car was jump started last night and since then the car's RPM holds around 1600rpm

You can hear that the IAC is stuck open.... things havnt changed and its now the next day.

Has anyone had this issue?

ive done a VAGCOM scan and no errors are shown sadly can you run a scan with the car running?

ive called audiwreck in Oakleigh and the said it should stop doing it while drivin... But ive driven it time and time again for around an 40mins and sadly no deal.

I really dont want to pay a mechanic to ripp me a new1

its freakin me out... Please help

cheers case
Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't think jump starting has to do anything with a stuck ISV.

First check the solenoid with a DMM, you can do it on the car just by removing the cables. If it looks good, remove and clean it. There are plenty of instructions on how to do it. Here is one of them:

http://12v.org/maintenance/repairs/isv.php

You can also do a VAGCOM test to cycle on-off the valve. It makes a loud clicking sound as it opens and closes.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gigity2008
My car was jump started last night and since then the car's RPM holds around 1600rpm

You can hear that the IAC is stuck open.... things havnt changed and its now the next day.

Has anyone had this issue?

ive done a VAGCOM scan and no errors are shown sadly can you run a scan with the car running?

ive called audiwreck in Oakleigh and the said it should stop doing it while drivin... But ive driven it time and time again for around an 40mins and sadly no deal.

I really dont want to pay a mechanic to ripp me a new1

its freakin me out... Please help

cheers case
test it as the other dude said, then remove it and clean and lube it....you will most likely be GTG. Happens to most of us with a 12v once every 2 years or so