Took my A4 up to Angeles Crest (Los Angeles)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my A4 up to Angeles Crest (Los Angeles)

Man, it's a mess today in Los Angeles: Microburst downpours, water spouts (tornados over water) in Huntington Beach, light snow in the mountains. Why would anyone venture out? Because I have QUATTRO, that's why! :-P

Seriously, I decided to just drive up Angeles Crest today to get out of the house. Man, I remember exactly why I love this car! So comfortable and sure-footed! And when I got up high enough, there were some land slides that I had to swerve around... no problem. When I got up into the slushy snow... again,no problem. Some guy in a new Maxima got himself stuck, so I dug-out the tow strap I keep in the spare tire well and pulled him out. (He had summer tires on his Maxima. I have no idea why he thought he could drive on wet, slushy snow.) The BFG G-Force KDWS did really well on the slushy stuff... probably not as well as a more dedicated all-season, but I never had an issue with getting stuck.

I had toyed with the idea of selling the car... but I just can't part with it. I just love how it drives! I take it for granted when I sit in rush hour traffic day-in and day-out. But nice little drives like today's reaffirms just how much I love this car!

Bob