2008 audi a4 2.0t had my oil pump replaced now getting a p0299

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 audi a4 2.0t had my oil pump replaced now getting a p0299

Ok so I picked my car up today after getting my oil pump replaced. Also attempted to pick it up 2 other times one the a.c seized up causing the belt to make noises, then had to replace the coils. Finally got it home and the light came on. The reading I'm getting is p0299 which is boost pressure regulation control range not reached. I'm taking it back to the place it got fixed at, so my question is what are the chances this code is being caused by some thing they did? Do they have to remove the turbo or any thing. I just dont want to get screwed and pay for some thing that should be covered by them . Any info would be appreciated.

2008 Audi a4 2.0T
Old 07-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

From what I have researched it can be faulty waste gate bypass regulator valve. I not as experienced here with this one but I hope it helps
Old 07-04-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you, It ended up being a diffuser. But at this point I believe the shop I'm using is purposely damaging stuff to scam the Warenty company. I originally took it in for a oil pump. I went to pick it up and my a.c was seized, tried to pick it up again and my coils were bad which I just changed a few months back finally got my car back after over a month and as soon as i pull in to my parking lot check engine comes on for my turbo. Also my fog lights don't work now which I use to use daily, now it chimes when i try to turn them on. They told me it was like that and the mechanic even pointed it out which I've never had more then an oil change and plugs done there before this. Also my hood no longer stay up on it's own which again they told me it was like that. But fortunately I have a picture of the hood working in there parking lot so i can always prove one of these things. Once I get it back I'm going to talk to the Warenty company and tell them how i feel about this place and see if i can use another shop such as the audi dealer.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Damn that sucks

I am sorry to hear that man. This one of main reasons I want to learn this stuff. Not a lot of honest techs in the business. I feel like if I can do it myself I can own the mistakes and own the quality of work so I can help people that have a passion for Audi/VW brand. Let me know how it turns out either way. I am going to research the diffuser and and cross reference the code to see if it adds up. If I find anything out of wack I will post it here for you.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check out these videos:

this one talks about the code you got and it being the diverter valve

this video does a good job of explaining it.

New oil pump could caused some unwanted pressure from a failing diverter valve. This is not hard to fix, but you need to get under the car. But I am thinking this is what caused the code. take a look and if something sounds fishy, at least now you have some ammo. I google'd "P0299 on 2008 Audi A4 2.0 diffuser" and got some good info. There is a slight chance it could be the mass air flow sensor. Hope this helps man and good luck.