NJ: Audi 2.0T OIL CONSUMPTION ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c6vetteman
I found a simple inexpensive fix (if you can call it that) for oil consumption issues on the 2.0t.
Any update from OP about this remedy?

I find it slightly suspicious that this was the first and only post from op. But please do chime in if you can.

Last edited by TheChenga; 06-13-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here's what happened to me. I had the same issue, Audi Scottsdale was nice enough to keep topping up the oil and also would wash the car. The main issue which Audi knew about was not addressed.
Catastrophic enginee failure, 15,000 to replace the enginee NOTE 37,001 miles (travel for work so don't drive the car that much). The dealership reduced the cost to 11,000. Called the Audi did nothing, called the dealerships CEO it now cost me 6,000.00 because it was one year past warranty. Still not sure why I'm paying for something they did not address, the car was always maintened by Audi and then did not address this when they know about the oil consumption issue.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm reading these posts and just joined the forum seeking help on my oil consumption issue. I spend over $5K on service at a place that didn't know how to fix the issue. Now was suggested to go to dealership and beg for a low cost solution. Does anyone know of any mechanic other than the dealer who can fix the oil consumption problem for less than the estimated $4K-$6K?
Old 07-14-2019, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Read attached article it's Audi's issue that they are not admitting to.

Here is an article on it. It's Audi responsibility but they are not admitting to it. This SHOULD not be happening. Here is an article from a mechanic that I found and called. Can you take it back to where you bought it or go to Audi dealership. I would not let Audi or the dealership off the hook. Audi corporate did nothing.
I called the CEO of the Audi dealership where my car was broken down, he must have called Audi the price dropped from 11,000 to 6,000. I had a catastrphonic engine failure because of an latent defect that Audi it ignoring.
Audi 2.0 TFSI Engine Oil Consumption ? Correction ? Atlantic Motorcar
I hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

All I can say is this is such bull****. I did a lawsuit somewhere. I have a new engine and I loved my Audi, still have it but this whole thing has put an extremely bad taste in my mouth. They offered me 6,000 on a trade in but I had to buy another Audi...you can guess the answer was no. I'm done with Audi's because of this bs.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I have seen where the 2014 A4 2.0T does not have the oil consumption issue, so what did they change ?

Last edited by 5000S; 07-29-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, they replaced the whole engine, I have a brand new engine for my cost of just under $6,000.00 originally 15,000.00 of which you can guess I had a fit with Audi, 2 dealerships etc. I got the CEO of Crown involved and thanks to his help he got Audi to do something. Unfortunate for the ones who got the Audi and the dealers some how missed this issue every service check. Again I had 37,000 mile on the car.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello there,

I drive an A4, avant from 2011. I bought it last year with 142km from the pre owner. He always went to Audi Dealership for repairs and maintenance. I was aware about the oil consumption issue and it was allegedly fixed in December 2017 (it had 125 km). They replaced Pistons, Rings etc. Audi paid 75% of the cost.

Now, not even 2 years later and at 150km I noticed Oil consumption issues again a few months back. Went to Audi dealership they said it's fine etc, went for a regular maintenance inspection anyway and Oil change. Since then I filled up the oil at least every 1000km with a liter. So that's definitely too much. I went back to Audi and they looked into the engine and said that all 4 cylinders (2 of them very badly) have scoring on the wall and they recommend to replace the longblock with a brand new one for 17k Canadian dollars.

I read that the oil consumption issue, if not fixed in time etc can lead to scoring of the cylinders.. so my suspicion is that they didn't do a good job back then because really, can an engine that was rebuilt 20k ago be really THAT damaged already? And there is just no way I'll pay 17k for a car that's worth less but the Dealership said there's nothing they can do I should talk to Audi Customer Relations in Canada. But I need to build my case and if they indeed find that the pistons and the rings are damaged again then maybe I have a chance for a contribution because it is unacceptable that an engine is pretty much done after it was rebuilt 1,5 years ago.

What do you guys think I should do? Please I need some advise :/
Old 10-10-2019, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi A4 B8 alternative

Hi guys, I just had part 1 of the test done on my 81K, 2012 A4 and thinking about moving on to something else while waiting for the light to pop back up. What would you suggest? What are people buying after ditching their oil guzzling Audi?
Old 10-11-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by subodhn@hotmail.com
Hi guys, I just had part 1 of the test done on my 81K, 2012 A4 and thinking about moving on to something else while waiting for the light to pop back up. What would you suggest? What are people buying after ditching their oil guzzling Audi?
Well, since you don't deserve an Audi it seems, then get an auto closer to your speed and ability. There are still some Yugos out there, you will
have to scan the classifieds. Good luck......

Quick Reply: NJ: Audi 2.0T OIL CONSUMPTION ?