2.0 fsi and nos???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 fsi and nos???

has anyone done it, would u? im 50 50 on it any this will probably sway me to one side in the decision... thanks guys

btw i have a stock a4 2.0 t with an apr chip on its way
Old 08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default wouldnt do it

definetly not worth it. id recommend meth injection with 100 octane chip. much safer..
Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: wouldnt do it

meth injection? how does that work?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: wouldnt do it

it raises your octane rating, and cools down the intake temperature...works really well with boosted cars and does not deteriorate your motor like nos would..its safe and reliable(even if you run out of meth while in the process of using it..) i bought a kit myself but am waiting on different variables to get mine instaled..i.e big turbo kit, exhaust,wideband..
Old 09-01-2007, 01:55 PM

Default meth injection and nitrous aren't even even close to the same thing

meth is adding fuel.. nitrous is adding oxygen.. complete opposites.

I'm actually working on a combined setup.. direct port nitrous/meth setup
Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM

Default deteriorte your enigne.... meth is fine if it runs out.. time to do some more research

if your engine is really taking advantage of methanol.. changes are you can have just as much damage caused by detonation as if you had a poorly tuned nitrous setup.

at the same time nitrous systems usualy have plenty of safeties and if the fuel cuts out the nitrous does too and the car is back to stock.

meth and nitrous serve two entirely different functions in making power.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:58 PM

Default there is a company over on vortex working on a setup

not cheap t all.. but they are including a seperate fuel cell and a bunch of other parts since the fuel system on the 2.0t is fairly complicated..
Old 09-01-2007, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: deteriorte your enigne.... meth is fine if it runs out.. time to do some more research

If you get the W/M kit and dont adjust the timing and the mix runs out the car should just pull timing like it would if the IC was heat soaked and you wont hurt the engine. Now you might only gain a few HPs this way but you will keep from losing HPs cuz you wont have heat soak. But you dont get the real gains if you dont adjust the timing. I myself will do the W/M kit next summer and not adjust timing and still gain a few ponies and if I want I can always adjust the timing. All in all ins good and if you wont have to upgrade your IC due to heat soak. This is what I have found out from doing so research.

One advantage with this setup would be that it lasts longer than NOS and is alot cheaper, but you wont get the gains like NOS.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: deteriorte your enigne.... meth is fine if it runs out.. time to do some more research

Can you send me the link or more information about the W/M kit? I would like to look into it myself. Do you already have a FMIC already? I was thinking about that next but if you say that this should prevent heat soak on the intercoolers, i am guessing the stock would be sufficient for now. Thanks for you help.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default i have the fmic

i really dont notice a difference and since i have wouldnt really rec it to anone planning on going big turbo because you will have to buy another fmic once you go bt. i guess it has its advantages but i havent felt none as of now. the diverter i replaced because it blew on me and i notice it brings up my psi to 21 then decreases instead of going to 19 and decreasing. i have the apr chip..

Quick Reply: 2.0 fsi and nos???