Loss Of Power - AudiWorld Forums

Loss Of Power

Old 03-01-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer
Default Loss Of Power

I have a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T and as of late I am getting little to no turbo response. My horsepower has dropped significantly and according to the temp gauge, the engine is running quite cold. However, I am getting the "coolant system performance" engine code and as a result of this, I tried swapping the coolant temp sensor with a new one to potentially fix the problem to no avail. My next best guess would be the thermostat itself but I really am just taking a shot in the dark. The two things might not even be related so if anyone could shed some light that would be a huge help! Thanks!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sounds like you're on the right track. Fail-safe thermostats can only fail on the open position, thus keeping your engine cool and preventing an overheat situation. I would definitely change the thermostat as it looks to have failed in the open position.