Misfires after new plugs/coils/turbo/MAF/Cat/Airfiilter

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfires after new plugs/coils/turbo/MAF/Cat/Airfiilter

So I just installed a new turbo because the seal went in the last one and oil started going into the intercoolers ect. I had also replaced the coils about 2 months ago. I just got the car back together, the first time I started it, it sounded like it had a single misfire I just pulled out of the driveway so I could get the codes to read and the power gave out on me. Now when I start the car if u leave it idle it will choke itself right out but I shut it off cuz before it does for good reasons. When I turn it on while its choking itself I can give it some gas and it revs up to a cleaner sound seems like it has something to do with the intake manifold because I read something somewhere about something in the intake manifold being dirt causing misfire(I checked the fuse for 27 gas pump its good) which would make sense because turbo was blasting oil all through both intercoolers. I changed spark plugs and coils yesterday I play with everything and move it around and I still get nothing new. At first the cat just got hot when the car sat there like fire hot from misfiring and extra fuel I guess but now it won't even stay on unless u rev it. It's immobile right now so u don't get me wrong by saying turn on

It's reading p0300 random misfire and p0301 P0303 and it read a p0304 at one point too but when I change the coils nothing new happens and again I just did plugs today. I tried unplugging MAF and I've replaced it before too that's not it it has to be something to do with the oil from the 2nd intercoolers strait to the engine there was oil all the way from the intercoolers to engine in the rubber tube like a lining of oil.

If any Audi mechanics could stick with me through this so I can get on the road I would greatly appreciate it and even offer donations.. Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Cody, welcome aboard! You can help yourself by helping others. It's often beneficial if you let people know what kind of car you're working on, model year, miles, service history, past problems, etc.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

sorry, New lol I'm sure I'll get the rhythm and yeah I posted because I've been having a lot of problems and I'm constantly coming across posts from 2008-2012 on my car nothing newer. If I can help anyone with the same problems with me why not.

I have a 2007 A4 Quattro.

I was switching out coils and plugs not stop until one of the misfires went away, I guess some of the coils I was playing with got shorted but At the end I changed out a new spark plug for an old one with he same cool that was in that cylinder the test before and it worked with a slight misfire. Getting a new coul today hopefully it fixes he problem completely.

Yesterday when I went on a test drive the car got hot cuz I just put a new turbo on it so the coolant hadn't ran all the way trough the car yet and steam started spewing from the back on the engine. From what I've researched its probably the coolant flange. The actual turbo red hot last time and I'm going to change the oil and check in the air hoses if any gas got in there from the misfires. I'm guessing the gas was stuck in the turbo from misfires and caused it to burn red hot
Old 09-15-2016, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Cody_V
sorry, New lol I'm sure I'll get the rhythm and yeah I posted because I've been having a lot of problems and I'm constantly coming across posts from 2008-2012 on my car nothing newer. If I can help anyone with the same problems with me why not.

I have a 2007 A4 Quattro.

I was switching out coils and plugs not stop until one of the misfires went away, I guess some of the coils I was playing with got shorted but At the end I changed out a new spark plug for an old one with he same cool that was in that cylinder the test before and it worked with a slight misfire. Getting a new coul today hopefully it fixes he problem completely.

Yesterday when I went on a test drive the car got hot cuz I just put a new turbo on it so the coolant hadn't ran all the way trough the car yet and steam started spewing from the back on the engine. From what I've researched its probably the coolant flange. The actual turbo red hot last time and I'm going to change the oil and check in the air hoses if any gas got in there from the misfires. I'm guessing the gas was stuck in the turbo from misfires and caused it to burn red hot
Can someone delete this thread so I can just start a new one I've moved past these peoblems
Old 09-15-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody_V
Can someone delete this thread so I can just start a new one I've moved past these peoblems
So what resolved the problems?
Old 09-15-2016, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raj99
So what resolved the problems?
Well from this point here I had to keep playing with the coils, it was really weird because I had already gotten a new coil pack 2 month ago. So 2 were misfiring and I had a buddy give me his old 4 that were good 8 to play win I got 3 working. There might have been oil spilt into one of the chambers when oil in up and shorted a coil. It was really finicky because I put new plugs in and it stayed the same hen I put an old one in and it started working with a slight misfire.. I hanged the one bad coil for a brand new one now it's working.. Cars overheating now tho and I don't know why.. It oveeheated at one point driving and was steaming I think the water flange cracked