Where to get part specs and diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get part specs and diagrams

My son has a 2008 A3 2.0 FWD and recently ran over a largish rock which we initially thought only tore out his oil pan. We had that replaced but then after driving it a bit more it turns out his transmission mount bolt sheared off as well. As he was discovering that the transmission moved back and forth a bit and did damage to his exhaust. We had the transmission mount bolt fixed and figured we'd deal with the exhaust later drove the car home. My son drove the car a bit more and then transmission mount bolt sheared again. Not sure why it sheared but the vibration caused from my son revving his engine to red line without a functioning down pipe probably didn't help the matter. Anyway, we were going to bring it back to the shop, but decided instead that this will be a good project for us two beginner mechanics. Maybe we can learn a bit about cars while saving some money at the same time. We have the car up on jack stands and removed the down pipe as well as got the end of the sheared bolt out. I ordered a new down pipe from 42DD and now I am trying to determine the correct bolt to use for the transmission mount, but have been unsuccessful so far in my internet searches. I bought the online Chilton guide but that doesn't appear to provide specs in terms of bolt sizes and part numbers. I asked our local Napa and they couldn't tell us either. Is there a good source for this type of information? I'm open to either an online source or an actual physical manual, but would love to get something with diagrams as well as specifications on the parts. And to get us started, does anyone know the specific size bolt we need for the rear transmission mount?

Thanks,

Matt