AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   2.7T V6 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-7t-v6-discussion-107/)
-   -   2.7t gt28rs? setup (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-7t-v6-discussion-107/2-7t-gt28rs-setup-2846830/)

allroad'n 05-02-2013 11:58 PM

2.7t gt28rs? setup

hey. well, im getting close to paying off my allroad. and was wondering about the capability of the 2.7. ive been thinking about doing some motor work. I don't know a lot about the actual physics of what type of internals are needed, as far as pistons, rods, crank, ect. So to get to my question. What would it take, to build a high(ish) revving, reliable ~550awhp 2.7t? i have a manual, so id probly be alright with just a clutch? And ive heard that the 2.8 heads would be ideal for a higher hp setup. but thats about all i know that i would need. besides the obvious intercooler, dvs, injectors, pump, manis, dp. If i could get a list started and work out the details, that would be a good first step. but i just need some advice from some more experienced techs. thanks in advance, and criticism is welcome.

oh. and of course, first on the list, is brakes.

Zach

ps. i would talk to a tuning shop. but up here in north dakota, shops are scarce. And i dont feel right just calling up a random shop asking them for a complete build sheet.

ddillenger 05-03-2013 06:01 AM

I'd go with a k04 framed turbo like rs6r's. The gt28s are slow to spool. Combine that with the weight of an allroad, and you're sacrificing drivability. The rs6r's are capable of 500+ or so and don't completely neuter the lower revs. As for the rest, here's what I'd do:

SRM intercoolers
Injector dynamics 725 (or 1000 if you have e85) cc ev14s
Bosch 044 fuel pump
85mm maf (any larger and you can end up with a **** idle)
3" catless downpipes (SRM makes good, cheap downpipes)
Stock pistons, RPM rods, ARP studs and a good girdle
Meth injection
2.0 coil conversion

And a GOOD tuner. This means NOT J-fonz. I can give you some recommendations. If you have e85, you can get a substantial amount more out of it. This setup is very solid, and will perform well in a heavier daily driver. As for the heads, I'd stay with the 2.7's. You need a very large turbo to make the loss in velocity due to the larger exhaust ports worth the increased intake volume.

allroad'n 05-03-2013 04:41 PM

how much of an increase do you think the e85 would make compared to 91? and would this be pushing the limits of the block?

ddillenger 05-03-2013 05:34 PM

Yes and no. The block would survive with a good girdle and professional balancing. Without the girdle and rods, you'd pop a hole. As for e85, probably 100hp more than 91.

allroad'n 05-03-2013 06:56 PM

awesome. what numbers would you see coming from this setup? and where would you recommend i get it tuned? somewhere in the midwest would be nice lol

ddillenger 05-03-2013 07:27 PM

Depends on your budget. Similar turbos put down 600awhp on e85. You're talking a big dollar build though. How deep are your pockets?

As for tuning, I know of noone in the midwest, but quite a few remote guys that would do a helluva job, but e85 requires a dyno.

allroad'n 05-03-2013 07:47 PM

how deep are my pockets you ask? well lets just say i bought a solid gold anchor to keep my yacht from floating into my private island. haa. but seriously. i have a good job, no wife/kids, a deep love for cars/speed. and it looks as if this build will be in the upward area of 15-20k. money well spent i think. and i know there's a few shops in Minneapolis. idk if i would just buy all the parts and take it to them and have them build it. or if i would build it all and then just have somebody tune it.

allroad'n 07-17-2013 09:18 PM

ENGINE
je rods , oem calico main and rod bearings, apr head studs, euro spec block girdle, intergrated engineeering 2.0 coil conversion.

TURBOS
jhm rs6r , awe intercoolers, an apexi timer, idk waht kind of diverters yet.

INTAKE/EXHAUST
034 3" dps, 85mm maf, devils own meth kit, srm bi-pipe, samco tbb

TRANNY
spec stage 3? clutch, jhm trio tranny kit,

GASKETS
all oem gaskets

MOUNTS
oem rs4 motor mounts, oem tranny mount, drive train stabilizer,

FUEL
haven't found pump or injectors yet.

the total for everything is right around 10,000.