2.7T - What Can I Remove?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7T - What Can I Remove?

Hi all, bit of a introduction - I don't have an Audi. Sorry!
However I do have a 2.7T engine and an ECU ad it's going in a car which I'm fabricating, like a kit car i suppose. Think lovechild of an S1 Quattro and VW Caddy MK1, powered by Audi. An inline 5 would have been amazing, but much too expensive, plus this will bolt up to my DQS 01E gearbox (it's mid engined)

As a result I want to get rid of as much of the **** hanging off this engine.
I have an ECU (wasn't the same one, but for the same engine) and would prefer to use it due to the cost of a standalone ECU!

So what can I get rid of?
And who or where should I go to to have the ECU coded?
As I assume removing stuff will need to also be removed from the ECU's programming.

Just want to get it running 'barebones' first, Going to look into cheap turbo's, would like something a bit bigger than the K03 (assuming 800kg car, my target is 400rwhp eventually), and fabricating my own manifolds means I can mount just about anything on there!

As you may have guessed I don't know a lot, nor do I care for the engine side of things; I'm all about the designing and fabrication aspect, so apologies for bluntness and ignorance!
Many thanks
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Henk.K
Hi all, bit of a introduction - I don't have an Audi. Sorry!
However I do have a 2.7T engine and an ECU ad it's going in a car which I'm fabricating, like a kit car i suppose. Think lovechild of an S1 Quattro and VW Caddy MK1, powered by Audi. An inline 5 would have been amazing, but much too expensive, plus this will bolt up to my DQS 01E gearbox (it's mid engined)

As a result I want to get rid of as much of the **** hanging off this engine.
I have an ECU (wasn't the same one, but for the same engine) and would prefer to use it due to the cost of a standalone ECU!

So what can I get rid of?
And who or where should I go to to have the ECU coded?
As I assume removing stuff will need to also be removed from the ECU's programming.

Just want to get it running 'barebones' first, Going to look into cheap turbo's, would like something a bit bigger than the K03 (assuming 800kg car, my target is 400rwhp eventually), and fabricating my own manifolds means I can mount just about anything on there!

As you may have guessed I don't know a lot, nor do I care for the engine side of things; I'm all about the designing and fabrication aspect, so apologies for bluntness and ignorance!
Many thanks
u can go k04 turbo on ebay u can reach 500 horsepower with a tune also they sel stage 3 tunes for 600
Old 10-17-2014, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audis4swap
u can go k04 turbo on ebay u can reach 500 horsepower with a tune also they sel stage 3 tunes for 600
Cheers, K04 isn't awfully cheap as everyone wants it to upgrade 1.8t's!
Anyway i'm not worried about upgrading the turbos yet, main concern is getting it running and as simply as possible.

I'm starting to consider Emerald K6 or Omex 600 standalone, which admittedly carries it's own bundle of problems and high cost...