AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   2.7T V6 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-7t-v6-discussion-107/)
-   -   2001 Audi A6 2.7t (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-7t-v6-discussion-107/2001-audi-a6-2-7t-2850338/)

kamaudi2001 07-08-2013 04:17 PM

2001 Audi A6 2.7t

Hi Audi World,

I am new to this site, my 2001 Audi A6 2.7t has around 139k. Yesterday on my way to an event, it was overheating; I was only 7 miles away from the venue. So when my temperature was rising it was showing to add coolant, I pulled over and added some coolant, then it was showing me sign of engine oil, but I over looked at, because I was getting late for my event and I thought I go there first then deal with the car later after my event is done. But she didn't like me forcing her, so she was getting slow and eventually stopped in the highway when I opened the hood, lots of white smoke were coming out, of course at that point I had to tow it to mechanic, because it won't start. When I looked at my coolant tank - it was completely dry.

Tow truck mechanic said I might burn the engine or head gasket. Fix would be expensive.

So what could have happened? Did I really burn my engine or anything else; any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Please advise me what should I do at this point.

ddillenger 07-08-2013 10:30 PM

Turn in your license, you obviously don't understand that RED LIGHTS MEAN STOP!

kamaudi2001 07-10-2013 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ddillenger (Post 24463463)

Hey smart pants, I came here for suggestions, I know what red lights means, I am a wedding photographer, i was getting late for wedding ceromony, I had no option that's why I took that risk.

Nialist 10-20-2013 10:08 AM

Oh come on now!

Originally Posted by ddillenger (Post 24463463)

What he meant by that was you should have told the tow truck operator/ape that you are a WEDDING PHOTOGRAHER! At which point he would have leant you his new RS8 as well as his wallet. Because the thought of somewhere, a group of people is not being herded around by a pompous paparazzi in the making trying to get the lens/sunlight combo so perfect he can see the brides 7 layers of make-up. Seriously man, when any vehicle/aircraft/tank/space shuttle is overheating there is a dramatic change in engine performance, usually accompanied with all sorts of bells, lights and whistles that even my sister would know that it's time to avoid a catastrophe and shut the thing off.

The risk was making the wedding for a quick couple hundred bucks vs. destroying the car and having to walk with your camera around your neck? Well, enjoy your new beginning as a prius owner and I'll see you in the left lane, not making any progress very shortly, I'm sure.