2001 s4 transmission

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 s4 transmission

I have a problem with the transmission. I was driving home and apparently the differential went out, and in return ruined the trans. The Audi dealership it is at, is not very helpful and are trying to do everything to make sure i have to pay for it, and make sure it isn't covered by warranty. Has anybody had any similar problems or any insight, on why a failed differential would kill a transmission, any questions or anything, feel free to ask.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: 2001 s4 transmission

Are you still under a CPO (warranty)? If so by all meens Audi will take car of.

What went out? You mention differential? Not the transmission? I've heard the torque converter seal has been an issue on the tiptronics, but this does not result in the symptons you are writing of.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 PM

well......the torque converter was replaced about 3-4 weeks ago. but now the dealership it is at, said that the differential went out and in turn, wrecked the transmission. but that was diagnosed by the "Audi tech" spinning the front wheels. which makes no sense, i don't know how he can tell by just simply spinning the wheel, the man i purchased the car froms aid it was bull****. and he is doing everything he can to try to help me. MY QUESTION IS THIS. the warranty is up. but he did complain about the transmission clunking into 2nd gear, and they replaced the torque convertor, and i have a feeling that it wasn't the torque convertor but the transmission itself, but since now the warranty is up now, they don't want to replace the transmission. but if that was the problem 3-4 weeks ago and was never fixed. is there anything i can do, to get a new transmission which should have been replaced under warranty a month ago. but is no longer covered? Because i, by no means have money to replace the trans. and in my opinion should have been replaced already. but since it wasn't i might get screwed, which i can't afford, and audi better help me out. Any ideas or help is welcome.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:31 PM

oh and FYI it was in the shop for the last 3 out of the 4 weeks. so it wasn't driven or anything. basically the day after it got out of the shop and everything was supposedly fixed, i bought the car. but since "in my opinion" the problem was never completely fixed, i think they should compeltely cover it for me.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The guy you bought it from should fix it. If he scoffs, call the sale off. Its bullsh*t that you have to be dealing with this.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:51 PM

Well the guy has the money and everything, and it was sold as is, but he is doing everything in his power to try to have it fixed for me. and depending on if we get it covered either under warranty, or through the dealership, or even through audi. He might end up helping me pay for it. I just have no clue what to do, because everything i've heard, and all the research i've done says that the audi transmissions are "bulletproof" and i just don't know. So at the current moment it's a waiting game. and hopefully my patience will pay off in the end. If anyone has any insight, or any ideas, or questions, just let me know.