A/C system issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C system issue

Hello Audi fellas!
I have 2 questions for you.
1. I am replacing seized up a/c compressor on my 03 2.7T. I got new compressor, filter/dryer, o-rings, and orfice tube. The problem is I cannot find the location of the filter dryer and the orfice tube on the car. I followed the a/c lines from service ports and from a/c compressor and still don't see it. Also please advise me on how to properly flush the system and on any needed parts/tools. I do work on my a6 and I do have a/c experience (I work on Prevost buses). I'm familiar with a/c machines, vacuum pumps, gauges etc. On buses to flush the system I use special alcohol solution that is forced into the system though HI side service port. Then with a blow gun or compressed nitrogen it is pushed around and exits though LOW side service port (not attached to the compressor). Is there anything else I should know before I start to put new compressor in?
2. My front brake pads are due for replacement. I have original OEM pads and rotors right now. I'm looking on the net for just front set of pads but there are tons of them out there and they have different dimensions. Does anyone know what is stock measurement of the front rotors? Also any recommendations on good brand that will pair up with my rotors? I'm not a race driver and I am very happy with original pads, just I'm on a budget with the a/c job. Thanks for any help!
janserce79 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 01-28-2010, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. I'd say take it to an A/C professional

2. do you have the HP2 calipers?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To take it to A/C shop I would have to tow it there. I already disaembled the front and remowed the compressor. Besides that I got all parts. The problem is that I never done it on the Audi. (I work on A/C systems on buses, the idea is the same just everything is bigger). Another thing is the machine will flush the system for you and not having it is a little pain. I have to flush it manually piece by piece and give it a little more vacuum time. About the rotors, I think I have zimmerman. I bought them from audi so they are stock. I found after research Audi uses ATE pads, so thats what I ordered. Thanks for answering my post.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, that flushing machine is a wonder, and I'm concerned that you won't be able to pull enough vacuum for the system and will end up taking it to a pro anyway