Headlight, turning signal, wiper, heat/air, brake lights and tail lights don’t work

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight, turning signal, wiper, heat/air, brake lights and tail lights don’t work

Headlight, turning signal, wiper, heat/air, brake lights and tail lights don’t work in my2002 Audi A6 2.7lt. I have Checked/changed the fuses, replaced relays and bubs, and put in new ignition switch. Please help ran out of ideas.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i have a similar problem in my allroad and was that one of the headlights have the internals cables without the plastic cover and that was making a false contact i will recommend to check the cables
good luck
Lou
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the same problem and I replaced my ignition switch but it started happening again. When I went to replace it the second time I noticed that the connection that goes to the load reduction relay had melted and was continuing to short it out. Make sure the female end of the connection is in good shape still, if not replace that and put a new ignition switch on it (if the old one is bad again). You could also check the load reduction relay as that turns off all the unnecessary electronics, ie radio, lights etc, when you turn the key from on to start. You can check that relay to see if it's bad by listening for relay chattering (it should click when it comes on) when you turn the key from off to on (not to start), it should click.
Hope that helps
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you should check and see if one or two of the non working items have power or not, maybe its a ground problem.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Just had this problem...

Originally Posted by Jovonta23
Headlight, turning signal, wiper, heat/air, brake lights and tail lights don’t work in my2002 Audi A6 2.7lt. I have Checked/changed the fuses, replaced relays and bubs, and put in new ignition switch. Please help ran out of ideas.
For the heater/air/blower, the wipers, and the turn signals, I know for a fact what the problem is. I just had this problem with my 2.7t.... It's the #307 relay under your dash. It's faulty. Take it out and when its out take a wire and (using the diagram embossed on the relay) make a complete circuit with the wipers/turn signals on to make sure it's the faulty relay..

Just made this account to help you because I know how much of a **** this problem is. Cheers.