idle problem during shifting???????? much help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle problem during shifting???????? much help needed

ok, heres the deal i have a stage 2+ audi with a bad EGT but i dont think this problem has to do with what im about to say, here it goes when my car is done warming up and i drive normal and shift normal everything is fine in between shifts, but when i boost and take my car up to high RPM's and push the clutch in my idle doesnt fall it stays stuck where i pushed the clutch pedal in and then will gradually begin to fall if i dont put it in gear......now when i leave my car parked lets say for example after im on the freeway and i get off to eat or something. as soon as i start driving again and i hit high boost my car doesnt stick at the same RPM, it falls faster then when my car was running normal. Basically what im trying to say here is my tack isnt dropping back to normal idle when i decide to push my car into the high RPM range. If theres anything anybody can help me with i would really appreciate it. Not sure if its a vaccum problem but any help would do, thanks guys, i hope i explained it well enough.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try STFA on the B5 S4 forum - I've seen this issue B4, but can't recall what the fix is - might be

something simple like the switch that tells the ECU the clutch pedal is depressed is going bad - but that is a WAG so don't put much faith in that diagnosis. Sorry, no time to search myself today.