KO4 just installed. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KO4 just installed. Now what?

I'll try and keep this short and to the point. One of my turbos blew on my Allroad 2.7T. This is my daily driver, so I of course had to get it repaired asap. Luckily, I already had a pair of KO4s (part of the deal when I bought the car). I gave them to my mechanic to install and I now have the car back, but....

Ahhh...can you see where this is going???

Yep, a stock 2.7T with a pair of KO4s. It gets me to work, but it really doesn't work.

So here is my question...what else am I going to need to complete this upgrade? I need a parts list and opinions on the different companies I can buy the parts from (pro and cons).

Normally, I love reading the forums, to learn and educate myself, but I just don't have time right now to sift through the hundreds of posts on this subject. Normally, I would, but I feel a little pressed for time as the car just doesn't drive right now.

Again, I am looking for a list of parts that I am going to need and opinions on the different parts suppliers I could purchase the parts from (AWE, Autospeed, ECS, Etc.)

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I wonder how he got the K04s to fit without the RS4 inlet.

Of course the mod bug bite you, fueling, IC and exhaust are what you need for a cure!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Re: I wonder how he got the K04s to fit without the RS4 inlet.

Thanks. Unfortunately, can't do all that now. The little research I've done today leads me to believe I can get by with fueling and software for now.

I just need to figure out which chip, what size fuel injectors (if I even need bigger ones), fpr or not, and maf?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default if you don't have time to learn and educate yourself, may I suggest dropping it off

at the closest tuner and having them tell you what you need?

Honestly, if you don't have time to give us any information about you or what you want out of your car, I'm not entirely sure we have time to guess all day, especially not in your reply to papuc where you said you didn't have time for his suggestions.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ok, I got a solution for you....

Take out the K04s and trade me for my K03s.

They have 57xxx original miles on them. No whine, no nothing.

I'll even throw in some extra cash for the K04s

email is your friend if your interested.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Ok, I got a solution for you....

LOL, that's definitely an option....NOT.

But it never hurts to ask, eh?

At this point, I think what I need to do is find a fueling upgrade kit and then reflash the ecu or purchase a new one. So I need to find out just what parts I need and whose ecu to use. Any suggestions?
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There are lots of off the shelve kits. AWE VAST PureMS ASP etc. pick one.

Cheapest one would be the 10SecondS4 Kit but there is controversy regarding copyright violations regarding the software being used. Well that's just what I've been hearing. I don't know if any of it is true or not but it sounds like solid kit and priced just about right.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 AM

Default Re: There are lots of off the shelve kits. AWE VAST PureMS ASP etc. pick one.

Thanks. That what I was looking for--a short list of companies that I could research. The only one I have heard of was AWE, so this was great. 10secondS4--is that one fairly new? I am curious about the controversy.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ah I don't know much about it.

I have been emailing the guy back and forth. He seems like a nice guy. I don't know what is exactly going on with the software he uses but from posts I have read about it, seems that people think he is using copy written material. I have not asked him about it as I am not ready to go stage 3 yet.

So anything you read should be taken with a grain of salt.
I have no reason to think he is doing anything wrong from the conversations i have had with him. If he was using copy written material i would think the companies being frauded would have already taken action.

Then again I do not know the whole situation. That is for you to decide on and if you really want to know. Ask Mark about it. I know a few people are running his set up. Its strong and reliable.

Im not sure how new his kit is, but judging from the controversy it seems like its been around for a little bit.

Again, from my interaction with Mark, he seems like a nice guy. Very knowledgeable. Too bad he has people bashing him.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't buy the 10secS4 kit. It sounds like you'll want a vendor who can offer you support.

Where are you located? There are lots of great shops, but generally the best way to pick one is whichever is closest.

If you're in SoCal, Wicked Motorsports is a great shop, and they offer a lot of options for you.

If you're in the CT/MA area, EPL is another great shop that can sell you a package for what you need.

papuc's question of getting the K03s in the car without inlets is a good one. Also, a bone stock 2.7T with K04s instead of K03s should run just fine. If you're having running issues, it might be a good idea to get the car checked out before you start adding software to it.

Quick Reply: KO4 just installed. Now what?