AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   2.7T V6 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-7t-v6-discussion-107/)
-   -   No power at all. Like if battery was dead. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-7t-v6-discussion-107/no-power-all-like-if-battery-dead-2903626/)

Hector S. HF 07-12-2016 09:10 PM

No power at all. Like if battery was dead.

I own a 2004 Audi A6 S-line Quattro 2.7T and recently I've been having a lot of problems. Just a few days ago I got the alternator replaced and yesterday the auxiliary water pump. After that it seemed everything was working fine until today the car just completely died. It has no power in any of the electrical systems, not even the electrical locks, the radio or the dashboard lights. Nothing, all electricity is gone. I got the battery checked and it is in good condition and charged, y also checked the fuse that goes right next to the battery and is fine. I have no clue what could be wrong, the only thing I could think about is that a few days ago after heavy rain there was a little bit of water on the carpet in the driver's side, besides that only the alternator that got replaced because it wasn't charging and the auxiliary pump that was leaking that also got replaced. Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Prospeeder 07-15-2016 04:48 PM

You will want to remove the driver side kick panel and inspect the fuse panel and all the connections. You will see some terminals with very heavy red wires. Make sure that water didnt damage anything. check the drains where the battery goes, they can clog up and cause water to back up.

Carbunkle 07-23-2016 08:24 PM

Check the ground stap. The battery terminals are connected. If the heavy fuses are intact positive side of the battery is connected. Check the other side. Rare but tricky problem. Good luck.

kyleG 01-04-2023 04:27 PM

I realize this is an old post but I am having identical issue with my 2010 A8 (230k miles). Battery died for what I believe is alternator short (TBD). While charging battery, I discovered rain water in driver side fuse panel and wet carpet. I used compressed air to blow it dry. Let battery fully charge and upon reconnecting the battery terminal wire, Nothing! Car is dead. I have voltage to the alternator, but nothing else. Have spent 2 days scratching my head. 1st time on the forum. Thank you.

MarkDoronin 04-11-2023 08:49 AM

oh wow :confused:
I feel for you friend!
I was wondering how can I solve this problem now? what are the suggestions?:confused:

Brzu24 04-14-2023 08:54 PM

Hy Kyle

Originally Posted by kyleG (Post 25777717)
I realize this is an old post but I am having identical issue with my 2010 A8 (230k miles). Battery died for what I believe is alternator short (TBD). While charging battery, I discovered rain water in driver side fuse panel and wet carpet. I used compressed air to blow it dry. Let battery fully charge and upon reconnecting the battery terminal wire, Nothing! Car is dead. I have voltage to the alternator, but nothing else. Have spent 2 days scratching my head. 1st time on the forum. Thank you.

can you please tell me how did you manage to fix your car or find out why you did not have any electricity to the car (Audi A8)?