Really Need Some Help with Disconnecting MAF Connectors/Clips

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Need Some Help with Disconnecting MAF Connectors/Clips

I really need some help with some stupid stuff guys. Both of these things are probably very easy, but I really dont want to break/force anything the wrong way. Any info would be great.

1. How do these clips work that attach the MAF to the Airbox. The end on the AirBox has a circular shape, while the end that attaches to the MAF has a much flatter shape. Do I push up on the circular (airbox) end and the other side disengages?:

2. How do you disconnect the Mass Air Sensor from the harness? There is a push tab on the back of the plug. Do I just push on that while pulling or do I have to push/pull/etc on something else at the same time?

Picture of the tab:
This is a dumb question and something that I have done on other cars, but my audi just makes me nervous (2000 A6 2.7T). I am going to be changing the airfilter tomorrow, while I'm in there I want to take to top of the box off to insure a good seal. I understand the "metal clip" plugs, not not the one MAF plug.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the clips latch onto the MAF, so yes, pulling/pushing up from airbox to MAF is the way to go

as for the MAF, you'll need security torx, iirc
Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quickaudi:STFA
the clips latch onto the MAF, so yes, pulling/pushing up from airbox to MAF is the way to go

as for the MAF, you'll need security torx, iirc
thanks for the help. I now understand the maf to airbox clips, as for the MAF plug, all im trying to do is disconnect the harness from the sensor. not take the sensor out of the maf tube. I just can't get it to budge. Im pushing down on the button / tab pictured and then trying to pull up on the harness plug part. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see that little break in the tab the furtherest away from the connection?

you don't push down, you pull it ever so slightly away from the body of the connector