Shes a keeper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shes a keeper?

I'm looking for some advice/suggestions on whether to hold onto or sell my '01 2.7T A6; it's got 106k on it and right now has nothing wrong with it. My extended warranty ran out at 100k now I'm afraid of running into major repair bills in the near future. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight on parts that tend to fail over 100k? I had the timing belt replaced around 80k, I have heard rumors the turbos tend to not last as long as they should, others have told me the radiator won't last much past 130k. I know it's tough to say for sure when major components will fail but just wondering if anyone has and experience or more insight than I do with something like this. I love the car and have no complaints with it, I just don't want to run into a huge repair bill soon and wish I had sold it.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmyboy33
I'm looking for some advice/suggestions on whether to hold onto or sell my '01 2.7T A6; it's got 106k on it and right now has nothing wrong with it. My extended warranty ran out at 100k now I'm afraid of running into major repair bills in the near future. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight on parts that tend to fail over 100k? I had the timing belt replaced around 80k, I have heard rumors the turbos tend to not last as long as they should, others have told me the radiator won't last much past 130k. I know it's tough to say for sure when major components will fail but just wondering if anyone has and experience or more insight than I do with something like this. I love the car and have no complaints with it, I just don't want to run into a huge repair bill soon and wish I had sold it.
dont worry about the turbos. just follow basic turbo heating/cooling procedures and always use synthetic oil. you will need new valve cover gaskets and cam adjuster seals now and then.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmyboy33
I sold my 01 A6 2.7t with 197k on the clock, original turbos,radiator,trans, just about everything except the fuel pump.
I kept up on oil changes, warm up and cool downs and I drove it hard as hell. The car will last as long as you take care of things when needed.

I just recently replaced it with an 04 allroad 2.7t with 64k on it. I hope the allroad treats me as well as the a6 did.

Good luck with what ever decision you make.