2.8 30v engine removal and replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.8 30v engine removal and replacement

To start, this is a very helpful forum.
I've been searching for quite some time for a write-up on 2.8 30v engine removal. I know there are several options, ie; strip down engine in car, remove with or w/o transmission. to name a few. I know this is a complicated procedure (I've replaced the heads on my B5). I would like to see a write-up dealing with this procedure in more than one way because I think it could help the community, not only here, but in any application 0f the 2.8 30v because most are similar. I'm going to start on the procedure involving removing the complete unit (disconnecting large cable at firewall and removing with transmission and can provide pictures of the process when I'm done. I'm not very good at writing things up, if anyone wants to request certain pictures to do a write up let me know here.

I've also posted this in the Passat forums
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nnikmb
To start, this is a very helpful forum.
I've been searching for quite some time for a write-up on 2.8 30v engine removal. I know there are several options, ie; strip down engine in car, remove with or w/o transmission. to name a few. I know this is a complicated procedure (I've replaced the heads on my B5). I would like to see a write-up dealing with this procedure in more than one way because I think it could help the community, not only here, but in any application 0f the 2.8 30v because most are similar. I'm going to start on the procedure involving removing the complete unit (disconnecting large cable at firewall and removing with transmission and can provide pictures of the process when I'm done. I'm not very good at writing things up, if anyone wants to request certain pictures to do a write up let me know here.

I've also posted this in the Passat forums
Id love more info! About to fo the same here but dont know how!