2007 Q7 140,000 miles engine gone. Should I replace or start over?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Q7 140,000 miles engine gone. Should I replace or start over?

My Q7 engine went out due to oil leak. The truck is beautiful and I loved it, but I'm wondering if I should spend the money to replace the engine which is around $6-7,000. Has anyone had to replace an engine, and did it run right after replacing?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Crown Alphair
My Q7 engine went out due to oil leak. The truck is beautiful and I loved it, but I'm wondering if I should spend the money to replace the engine which is around $6-7,000. Has anyone had to replace an engine, and did it run right after replacing?
Man how did your engine go out from an oil leak? I have had many oil leaks on my 2007 Q7 and just made sure I kept oil in it until I got the leaks repaired. I have spent around $2,000 on leaks and still live a leak from the oil pan which I just deal with. Mine is a 4.2 L and holds 12 quarts so I never ran out of oil but almost once from the oil filter housing gasket blowing out. So did you run it out of oil to ruin the engine? I would say cut your losses at this point. I am debating spending $1,000 to have my valve cover gaskets replaced and a few other odd an ends. If I was looking at $5k - $7k I would be moving on. The re-sale on them at this point might be $10,000 if we are lucky. You could probably sell it to a import shop for $2k - 3k as is. On the flip side, you would have a brand new engine. I just think there are way too many demons in these cars as they get old. The list is a mile long on mine and I spend several grand a year trying to keep up on them. Good luck!