Need Opinions about Moly Fuel Additive for my B6 S4!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions about Moly Fuel Additive for my B6 S4!!

Hello,
I'm gonna cross post this message in the B6 S4 forum as well...

I have a B6 S4 with 53K miles on it and my friend recommended me to put a bottle of Jectron Fuel Additive by Lubro Moly.
Supposedly it'll help with the following to the car:

- cleans the injection system of fuel residues
- removes carbon deposits as well as deposits from distributors, injection valves and inlet valves and other components of the fuel system
- Effective in all injection systems
- Especially suitable for engines with catalytic converters
- ensures optimum handling performance and low fuel consumption due to precise injection dosage and atomization
- guarantees low levels of pollutants in the exhaust

I will gladly take your opinion and inputs about this.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chevrons' Techtron is a safe bet that's used as an additive for the same purpose.

Z-Max (Linkite) is another.

What is causing you concern about the induction system?

Most ANY premium grade of gas has some sort of cleaning additive (several use Techtron BTW) and if you don't putt around too much, I'd not be concerned.

Find a tech with a bore scope and have a look to ease your thoughts.

pc
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pocketchange
Chevrons' Techtron is a safe bet that's used as an additive for the same purpose.

Z-Max (Linkite) is another.

What is causing you concern about the induction system?

Most ANY premium grade of gas has some sort of cleaning additive (several use Techtron BTW) and if you don't putt around too much, I'd not be concerned.

Find a tech with a bore scope and have a look to ease your thoughts.

pc
just fill up with Shell V-Power.

Techron is a good product as well, but don't use too much

peace
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any additive for fuel is a complete waste. Gasoline is a solvent and a cleaner on its own, not to mention all the cleaning additives they already add. Its a way for a company to make money off people who think dumping a 5 dollar bottle of magic in the gas tank will actually do somthing.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Jectron does work.

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
Any additive for fuel is a complete waste. Gasoline is a solvent and a cleaner on its own, not to mention all the cleaning additives they already add. Its a way for a company to make money off people who think dumping a 5 dollar bottle of magic in the gas tank will actually do somthing.
I used to think, like "Prospeeder", that additives were redundant.
I have two cars which I only drive seasonally. This gives me opportunity to test some things...
My '98 Alfa V6 which I drove only during SCCA season, which was only about every other month. Its V6 has (six) injectors that point downward and are somewhat "tired" anyway, so that they leak a bit; then the leaked drop of fuel evaporates, leaving a deposit which interferes with atomization of the fuel. One time the engine ran so roughly it would barely idle after storage. Took out the plugs, checked wires, no improvement. Frustrating. Long story short, Slick 50 gas treatment cleared the rough idle in about 5 minutes! I was amazed. This car repeats the problem after almost every storage of more than a month, and I am not sure it would resolve without some additional detergent in the gas. I only use the Slick 50 on the first tankful of the season FWIW.
Another less automotive but still germane bit of empirical evidence: I have an old rototiller that had a scary amount of deposits in the fuel bowl. Lubro-Moly Jectron dissolved them off pretty readily after carb cleaner merely shined them up.
I now use Jectron somewhat regularly in my daily drivers because I like the little metal bottles and their attachable spouts. Also, pushing $10 bills into the gas tank would end up clogging the fuel pump pickup screen.

So, then, I agree with Prospeeder. A TEN dollar bottle is much better than a $5 bottle any day!