A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

0-60 in.... ?

Old 12-29-2014, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 0-60 in.... ?

Today I decided to try a few 0-60 runs in my 2014 Allroad P+, with 5000 miles on the odometer.

The best run was 7.13 - a far cry from Audi's advertised 6.4, but consistent with, or better than other real-world results:

Anyone here have some first-hand 0-60 numbers for their A4 Allroad?
Old 12-30-2014, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I was intrigued Roger so gave it a run today in the cold, dry, dense air. I was pleasantly surprised to get a best run 6.72 in Tiptronic Sport mode!

I did pre-spool the turbo just a bit and I also have a Pro-Dry air filter, but otherwise stock. Audi All Road 2.0T Search Oil Filter - 31-10181 - MagnumFLOW Pro-Dry Air Filter - ES#2532404

I run Mobil 93 oct as 91 is not available to me, fwiw. Car empty save for me and 1/2 tank fuel.

For some time I have had a feeling that I got one of those few engines that are just a bit better than the norm. Perhaps this proves it.

Of course the manufacturer's numbers are always fully optimized and idyllic, but we're not far off the mark.

Oh, and regarding Motorweek, I appreciate that generally fair review except for the ~".. poor rear view visibility ...no roll up rear cover." I wonder about these reviewers sometimes!

Last edited by Huey52; 12-30-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
I was intrigued Roger so gave it a run today in the cold, dry, dense air. I was pleasantly surprised to get a best run 6.72 in Tiptronic Sport mode!

I did pre-spool the turbo just a bit and I also have a Pro-Dry air filter, but otherwise stock. Audi All Road 2.0T Search Oil Filter - 31-10181 - MagnumFLOW Pro-Dry Air Filter - ES#2532404

I run Mobil 93 oct as 91 is not available to me, fwiw. Car empty save for me and 1/2 tank fuel.

For some time I have had a feeling that I got one of those few engines that are just a bit better than the norm. Perhaps this proves it.

Of course the manufacturer's numbers are always fully optimized and idyllic, but we're not far off the mark.

Oh, and regarding Motorweek, I appreciate that generally fair review except for the ~".. poor rear view visibility ...no roll up rear cover." I wonder about these reviewers sometimes!
Nicely done, and thanks for doing it. You got a good number.

(I can't get 93 octane here.)

How did you 'pre-spool the engine'? Additionally, did you turn off (dial-down, whatever) the traction control?

Last, what did you use to time your run? I did mine using the stopwatch on my Bberry - not terribly precise, as I have to coordinate pressing the button with stomping the gas, and then pressing the button again when 60mph is displayed.

R

Last edited by roger_1; 12-30-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52

SNIP

Yeah, they missed the boat on the rear cover.

Last week, I removed the right and left rear headrests. I rarely have human backseat passengers, but I more frequently put down the rear seat, to load something long in the trunk. I'm 6' tall, which means my seat is back far enough to interfere with dropping the rear seatback. It's a PITA to have to power the seat forward. I know, first world problems.

An added bonus is increased rear visibility. But, having said that, I'm really getting used to the rear camera and sensors, and like them very much.

I can't get over how nimble the car feels and how effortless it is to drive around town. It hides its weight exceptionally well. I just need to make it as quick as yours. A few Italian tune-ups might help.

Love the sport seats, thick flat-bottomed steering wheel, and slightly larger paddle shifters, btw. They all add to its responsive, connected, feel.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Guys, there is a pseudo-launch control mode. Do y'all know about that one?
Old 12-30-2014, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Guys, there is a pseudo-launch control mode. Do y'all know about that one?

I've seen a passing reference to it, but I don't know anything about it. I'm hoping you're going to tell us more.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I've been in the historical habit of "pre-spooling" a turbo anytime I anticipate needing to quickly get off the line. Basically it's just giving a little gas with your left foot on the brake so that the exhaust flow is increased and thereby also the turbo impeller so there's a bit extra dense charge of air when you take off. Actually the turbo lag is now so slight it's not really necessary, but again habit. Again, I was in Sport mode which does hold in lower gear longer as well as a bit of ECU engine tuning. I didn't do anything to the traction control.

I use a similar iPhone app for timing.

The Allroad really does hide its weight well (nicely phrased). It never ceases to impress me how much overall performance there is given a heavy wagon. I find I always have more torque than those in front of me in traffic, which of course means I have to be even more careful of closing on them. Always exceptional maneuverability as well.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-31-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

I guess this reference has been pulled from a UK owner's manual:

Name:  untitled_zps78c091a2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  247.4 KB
Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After 8,000 miles, my allroad feels quicker. I also had a 2003 allroad and 2006 A6 avant, which was rated at 7.2 - 7.3 seconds 0 - 60. and this new allroad is definitely quicker. I would say that it's at least around 6.7 seconds 0 - 60 MPH, but feels more like 6.5.

Roger, maybe it's your fuel quality. I always use 93 octane from either BP or Shell. Performance can suffer with lower octane gas. Also check your tire pressure, if your tire pressure is not properly calibrated, that could also affect performance.

Last edited by ayap; 12-31-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uberwgn
I guess this reference has been pulled from a UK owner's manual:

I notice this is for the Q5. Does this only apply to the 8 speed auto. Or the older avant's 6 speed auto too?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 0-60 in.... ?