A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

2016- A4 Model change. Will Allroad continue in the States?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016- A4 Model change. Will Allroad continue in the States?

I almost pulled the trigger on a 2015 BMW 2 series wagon Diesel but wanted to wait to see if the Allroad gets the Diesel power-plant next year when the A4 changes. Does anyone know if Audi will introduce a new Allroad to the States with the Diesel? I posted on the old Allroad forum and folks did not think it would come back. I did not like the seats in the BMW, Lack of storage space, curved dash, and low seating position (Also lower ground clearance). Also not a fan of run flat tires (Stiff ride). Please tell me the Allroad gets a Diesel for the States?
Old 11-20-2014, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not heard or read anything that says the allroad will be coming back with the B9 A4. I think Audi may be letting VW take this over as the Golf Sportwagen Alltrack is scheduled to come to the U.S. in the 2016 model year.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I too read somewhere that the US Allroad was a "three and out" (2013-15) with no 2016 model. It was always a niche offering here and I presume didn't make the numbers Audi desired. Too bad but I'm more than content with mine. I guess therefore a bit of an 'instant classic.'
Old 12-31-2014, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Hopefully they just bring the A4 Avant back.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Heck, I'd settle for diesel power in an A4 sedan
Old 12-31-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking about replacing our Q5 with an AR and have been keeping an eye on this issue.

Sales of the AR in the U.S. thru Nov are 4,284 -13.5% (<400/mo.). I'm not sure what the numbers are for Canada.

I really hope Audi continues the AR in NA and will sit tight until there is some final word on its fate.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I've been thinking about replacing our Q5 with an AR and have been keeping an eye on this issue.

Sales of the AR in the U.S. thru Nov are 4,284 -13.5% (<400/mo.). I'm not sure what the numbers are for Canada.

I really hope Audi continues the AR in NA and will sit tight until there is some final word on its fate.
Recently, the auto media has reported that the A4 Avant (rather than the Allroad) will reappear in the USA as a 2017 model, with perhaps a diesel engine option. Of course, at this point, it's probably little more than speculation.

Strategically, Audi may want to remain in the small wagon market for at least as long as BMW does. And there's no indication that BMW is going to dump its 3 series wagon any time soon.

The biggest challenge for the A4 wagon (Avant or Allroad) comes from within Audi - the Q5 cost less and offers what most people in NA prefer - the SUV experience. And, of course, now there's the Q3, too.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Avant is dead sales in N/A. We're going to see more Q5/Q3 and whatever Q series. Long live the Crossovers.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I can see them doing an "all road" trim on a Q.

Kind of weird The all paint option on the current series. Its like They try to "Butch it up" with the different color wheel/bumper cladding, then paint it as if to apologize for it. I understand some like it that way and it does look good, but to charge $1,000 for it seems strange for a factory option.

The Allroad costs more than the Q5 and to me it never had a chance as majority of motoring public sees greater value in size vs. dynamic benefit offered by the Avant/Allroad. Im not sure how current taxation in europe is with wider cars/crossovers.

BMW I can see costing the X5/3 built here being less than importing them from afar but Audi. Once the next generation is built in mexico, the Q5 profit potential will be even greater.

Im sure the next Q will be a thing of beauty and desirable but sometimes we make a decision of whats in front of us at the moment and the price is right to get a 2015 all road and not have to deal with first year bug-a-boo's. Also Audi basically bought my 2010 oil fryer back and offered me deal I could not refuse.

C7 A4's look fresh to me still when well maintained. Unless I lease, Im really ok buying my cars and driving them a few years after they are paid for.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Be reminded that the allroad has essentially an A4 width body but rides on the wider A5 chassis so the wheel arch cladding was actually necessary.

I really like the SS fore/aft skid plates as well. But I get what you're saying.

Originally Posted by Nalod
I can see them doing an "all road" trim on a Q.

Kind of weird The all paint option on the current series. Its like They try to "Butch it up" with the different color wheel/bumper cladding, then paint it as if to apologize for it. I understand some like it that way and it does look good, but to charge $1,000 for it seems strange for a factory option.

The Allroad costs more than the Q5 and to me it never had a chance as majority of motoring public sees greater value in size vs. dynamic benefit offered by the Avant/Allroad. Im not sure how current taxation in europe is with wider cars/crossovers.

BMW I can see costing the X5/3 built here being less than importing them from afar but Audi. Once the next generation is built in mexico, the Q5 profit potential will be even greater.

Im sure the next Q will be a thing of beauty and desirable but sometimes we make a decision of whats in front of us at the moment and the price is right to get a 2015 all road and not have to deal with first year bug-a-boo's. Also Audi basically bought my 2010 oil fryer back and offered me deal I could not refuse.

C7 A4's look fresh to me still when well maintained. Unless I lease, Im really ok buying my cars and driving them a few years after they are paid for.

Quick Reply: 2016- A4 Model change. Will Allroad continue in the States?