A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

Audi AllRoad 2015 buyer questions

Old 10-31-2014, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Audi AllRoad 2015 buyer questions

Guys first time poster (so go easy). I did try and look at previous posts, so if I missed some answers let me know.

Considering a Q5 3.0T or an Allroad 2.0T - just with tech package on each, no other stuff. A few questions:

1) Any thoughts on Q5 vs. Allroad?
2) Am in SF bay area, so a few dealers around here. Any Recs?
3) Targeting $3-$4K off retail - does that sound about right?
4) Connect App - the Android App page says it's only for A3, but the doc on audi site says Q5 has nearly all the features including audio streaming radio stations. Anyone know the real deal?

Answers greatly appreciated, and I will post details back on this board about whatever deal I get - figure it's the least I can do.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

1. A very subjective choice. I drove a Q5 as a loaner for two weeks a couple years ago and didn't like it. I'm very comfortable in the Allroad. But your needs and 'feel' may be just the opposite. A test drive is in order.

3. Yes, or more. I used the Audi Club North America discount (which is the same as an Audi Supplier's) and got an excellent discount. 6% off MSRP is a good rule of thumb. Check out True Car or a Car Buying Service such as Amex or USAA.

Can't comment on balance, although related the iPhone connectivity with the recent MyAudi website update is quite good.

Originally Posted by hitchens97
Guys first time poster (so go easy). I did try and look at previous posts, so if I missed some answers let me know.

Considering a Q5 3.0T or an Allroad 2.0T - just with tech package on each, no other stuff. A few questions:

1) Any thoughts on Q5 vs. Allroad?
2) Am in SF bay area, so a few dealers around here. Any Recs?
3) Targeting $3-$4K off retail - does that sound about right?
4) Connect App - the Android App page says it's only for A3, but the doc on audi site says Q5 has nearly all the features including audio streaming radio stations. Anyone know the real deal?

Answers greatly appreciated, and I will post details back on this board about whatever deal I get - figure it's the least I can do.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the end of the day ---- you really can't go wrong with either vehicle.... both are very nice. You need to find which one works better for your life. See if you're dealer will let you do an extended test drive with both vehicles.

That said..... I think the AR is better looking
Old 12-19-2014, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leasing New AR, 2105

Hi,
Just trying to get the best deal. Factor rates are low, .0006. I have a premium package at dealer invoice plus the 800 audi service package thrown in. Any thoughts on how i can get my payments lower?
I dont have an audi so dont qualify for the past customer rebate.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haul teenagers and stuff in the cargo frequently and your priority is space over the drive, get the Q5 which feels like an SUV. If you like a sportier more agile drive like a car, get the allroad - it has enough cargo space and can fit well with a family of 4.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is a pretty good comparison for the 2013 model years, but should be the same for 2015 as far as dimensions go:

In depth comparison: 2013 A4 allroad quattro vs 2013 Q5
Old 12-21-2014, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jtdbsr
Here is a pretty good comparison for the 2013 model years, but should be the same for 2015 as far as dimensions go:

In depth comparison: 2013 A4 allroad quattro vs 2013 Q5
Good article, but I believe their cargo numbers, with the rear seat up, are wrong.

With the rear seats up, the Q5 offers 540 litres, and the Allroad offers 782 litres. The Allroad's cargo area is noticeably longer, offering much more practical cargo space.

Select the 'specifications' tab at this link:

GM - Compare
Old 12-29-2014, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by roger_1
Good article, but I believe their cargo numbers, with the rear seat up, are wrong.

With the rear seats up, the Q5 offers 540 litres, and the Allroad offers 782 litres. The Allroad's cargo area is noticeably longer, offering much more practical cargo space.
@roger_1,

I'm the author of the article and I used the numbers presented by the Audi UK specs sheet for the allroad. Both the UK and US cargo numbers for the Q5 at that time were matching and I used that assumption that the allroad numbers would be similar. I did note that the EU numbers was conservative.

I haven't had a chance to do an updated article comparing the 2015 allroad and the 2015 Q5, but I think I might eek out a bit of time in the coming weeks.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by questionlp
@roger_1,

I'm the author of the article and I used the numbers presented by the Audi UK specs sheet for the allroad. Both the UK and US cargo numbers for the Q5 at that time were matching and I used that assumption that the allroad numbers would be similar. I did note that the EU numbers was conservative.

I haven't had a chance to do an updated article comparing the 2015 allroad and the 2015 Q5, but I think I might eek out a bit of time in the coming weeks.
Well, I'm glad I described it as a good article.

I can't fault you for using those numbers - the internet is inconsistent as to the cargo space of the Allroad, and the Q5, though I think the numbers on Cadillac's website are correct. See also:Audi Q5 (2013)

The Q5, though wider than the Allroad, is actually 2or 3 inches shorter than the Allroad. The Q5's cargo area is taller, but not as long, front to back.

In buying my Allroad, I was replacing a much-loved BMW 528i touring (wagon). My preferred replacement would have been an A6 wagon, or a 535i wagon, but sadly, those are not imported into N.A. That left me comparing the 328i wagon and the Allroad, both of which are smaller than the A6 and 5 series.

Armed with a measuring tape, 3 suitcases and a golf bag, I went to the two dealerships and compared the luggage space of the 3 series and the Allroad. With the back seats up, the Audi has noticeably more (and more useable) cargo space, although the Audi has tighter back seat space. However, since my passengers are most often only of the canine variety, the Audi's backseat was just right, leaving its larger cargo area intact.

I drove the Q5, and found the ride much more jittery, and the handling, well, it didn't handle as well as the Allroad. Though the Q5 has a wider interior, I don't have kids (and their gear) to haul around. So, the choice was easy for me - with the superior ride and handling, the Allroad got the nod.

From what I've read on the 'net, 2015 may be the end of the road for the N.A. Allroad. There is speculation that, if a Audi new wagon comes to N.A, it an Avant. ( I assume that when they say 'Avant', they mean the traditional ride-height wagon.)

If you do a new comparo, I'll certainly read it with interest.

R

Last edited by roger_1; 12-29-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a Q5 2.0T has a photographer support vehicle back in 2013 for Quattrofest and the amount of space behind the second row was a bit disappointing. I had a bit less gear to haul around for Quattrofest 2014, which made the Q3's even shallower cargo space behind the second row quite noticeable.

The only thing that I have to say that the Q5 has over the B8 Avant and allroad is overall headroom and height of the cargo area.

I really hope that Audi doesn't stop bringing over any Avants or allroads after the current allroad goes away. That said, I'm not optimistic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi AllRoad 2015 buyer questions