A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

Gray Interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gray Interior

I was at the dealer earlier this week planning to order a new 2018 Allroad to replace my 2014 that is coming off lease. My current AR is Scuba Blue with the gray interior. I wanted to order the '18 Premium Plus in Glacier White with gray and warm weather package (with ventilated seats). But the salemen warned against that saying they are getting complaints that the perf gray seats are not holding up well. Do any of you know anything about this? It was news to me. Thanks!!!
Old 07-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I've seen some of the lighter colors of the perf seats looking quite dirty after a short time. I think they are durable, but get dirty. Also, the "ventilated" seats in the B9 are a little loud (ok, they are VERY loud) as they are just fans under the seat that blow air. I was shocked to find this in a B9 sedan we tested in the fall. in the A8 they are completely silent, but in the A4, not so. If it was me, I'd skip unless you absolutely need your butt cooled.

Originally Posted by Mike48
I was at the dealer earlier this week planning to order a new 2018 Allroad to replace my 2014 that is coming off lease. My current AR is Scuba Blue with the gray interior. I wanted to order the '18 Premium Plus in Glacier White with gray and warm weather package (with ventilated seats). But the salemen warned against that saying they are getting complaints that the perf gray seats are not holding up well. Do any of you know anything about this? It was news to me. Thanks!!!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
I've seen some of the lighter colors of the perf seats looking quite dirty after a short time. I think they are durable, but get dirty. Also, the "ventilated" seats in the B9 are a little loud (ok, they are VERY loud) as they are just fans under the seat that blow air. I was shocked to find this in a B9 sedan we tested in the fall. in the A8 they are completely silent, but in the A4, not so. If it was me, I'd skip unless you absolutely need your butt cooled.
Thanks ... good to know about the noisy fan. My dealer didn't have any Allroads or A4s in stock with the ventilated seats. So was'nt able to try them out.

My current B8 AR has the gray interior and it's holding up very well. Doesn't get as dirty as I had envisioned.