A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

joining the club....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default joining the club....

Just got rid of the Q5 and picked up this 2015 allroad P+, Mythos black, Chestnut Brown, Full Paint, Technology Pkg, B&O. Wish it had the Sport pkg, but the wife is still happy.

Rides smoother, steering is tighter, handles great. I'll take better pics once I clean it up (crappy iPhone pics - sorry). The paint is gorgeous.
Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome. Very nice. The Chestnut brown in particular. Enjoy!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice indeed. I look forward to more photos.

BTW, I'm a big fan of full paint.

2014 Allroad P+, Glacier White/Titanium, Full paint, Sport package, Nav, Keyless, B&O, Rear Camera, Side Assist.
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2015, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Great looking! and love the brown interior!!!

I looked at Jim Ellis and was confused by the different wheel choices offered. The 10 spoke vs. the 5. Just curious.

Both wheel choices are nice!!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

NICE looking in Glacier White. The Q5 was that color and the wife wanted a change.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think there's only those two wheel choices. I prefer the 5-spoke because they're easier to clean (and Audis are notorious for bad brake dust - the allroad is no exception) and I think sportier looking, IMHO. The 10 spokes are nice too - no cost option. So, it's just whatever your preference is.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
NICE looking in Glacier White. The Q5 was that color and the wife wanted a change.
Thanks. I've had silver cars for years, and love them, but I, too, was ready for a change. The glacier white really struck a positive chord. There's enough grey in it (the metallic, in part) that the titanium grey seats look surprisingly good. I doubt they'd look as good in an Ibis white car. I had the full paint finish done locally, by an very good painter, who did it in the same gloss finish as the body.

Your black is stunning. Black needs more attention to stay that way, but it pays big dividends.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
I think there's only those two wheel choices. I prefer the 5-spoke because they're easier to clean (and Audis are notorious for bad brake dust - the allroad is no exception) and I think sportier looking, IMHO. The 10 spokes are nice too - no cost option. So, it's just whatever your preference is.
I like the sporty look of the 5 spokes, but I equally like the elegance of the 10 spokes, particularly on that black. Both are excellent choices.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was slightly surprised/annoyed that the full paint finish ($1000!) isn't actually the same as the rest of the body. If I had known that, I probably would have taken your course of action and had it painted. The metallic in this Mythos Black really is nice. Maybe the best metallic black I've seen. I have a flat black 5 series and it's so boring, IMHO. I think the Audi will be easier to "maintain", because it's metallic. Waiting for a break in the crappy weather, so I can clean it up and shoot decent pics.

I agree - I think the 10 spokes go well with the black.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thinking about lowering it and the APR Stage 1 ECU.

Quick Reply: joining the club....