A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

New to me allroad and sport package w/o black headliner

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me allroad and sport package w/o black headliner

Hi all,

I've been wanting an allroad for A LONG time. It's a seriously cool wagon and I was really happy to see Audi release the A4 version here in the US. I waited a bit, and after much research I picked up a 2016 Premium Plus in Florett Silver. I'm happy.

So, I have a question though. Everything I've read indicates that an allroad with the sport interior package should have a black headliner. I'm not a fan of black headliners. Low and behold, I have a grey headliner in my allroad with the sport interior package. On the original window sticker (they PO saved it and the dealer hung on to it) it clearly states "black headliner". Seem weird? There's no warm weather option, delete option, etc. or any option that would change the color. Good for me, but was just wondering if it's a special order or something. I was under the impression it couldn't be done.

Thanks all.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on your purchase!
I'm expecting to get my '14 AR delivered tomorrow from my dealer. I have the sport package in mine, and do not have the black headliner- I think you had to get brown interior that year to get a black headliner. Anyway, I searched the 2016 order guide and it looks as though yours should be black, but I also read at the bottom of the order guide these words- "Specifications, equipment, options, and prices are subject to change without notice. Some items may be unavailable when vehicle is built."
I'm wondering if a black headliner wasn't available at the time of assembly, or Audi changed the spec later on.

I'm curious what color interior do you have?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You're going to like it! It's a pleasure to drive, and much more comfy than my 2014 4 series BMW.

The interior on my allroad is black (or very dark grey).

Originally Posted by character zero
Congrats on your purchase!
I'm expecting to get my '14 AR delivered tomorrow from my dealer. I have the sport package in mine, and do not have the black headliner- I think you had to get brown interior that year to get a black headliner. Anyway, I searched the 2016 order guide and it looks as though yours should be black, but I also read at the bottom of the order guide these words- "Specifications, equipment, options, and prices are subject to change without notice. Some items may be unavailable when vehicle is built."
I'm wondering if a black headliner wasn't available at the time of assembly, or Audi changed the spec later on.

I'm curious what color interior do you have?