A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

Received my recall notice for Aux heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Received my recall notice for Aux heater

Just in time for winter, I am asked by Audi to turn off the aux heater to prevent some sort of disaster from befalling my allroad.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So have you done anything about it? I got the same notice and haven't turned off the aux heater. Plan to get it to the dealer soon for the fix. Has anyone done that yet? Did it really take 3 hours?
Old 01-18-2018, 02:32 PM
Head Cat Herder

I turned it off initially, but upon realizing how nice it is to have, i turned it back on.

I did have the recall done. I left it for the day, so I really dont know how long it takes, but the car was perfect afterwards. I believe they have to remove the glovebox among other things, I didn't ask. Probably should have.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the quick response. Guess I should get it done.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the Aux heater heat the car without the engine running, and can I activate it remotely (without being in the car and without setting a timer) ?

2014 Allroad P+, Glacier White/Titanium, Full paint, Sport package, Nav, Audi Advanced Key, B&O, Rear Camera, Side Assist, Flat S-Line steering wheel.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Head Cat Herder

No, and no from what I've seen. It only runs when the engine is running, but it does more or less instantly. keep in mind, it's only a fraction of the heat the heater core provides, but it's nice to have when you first set off.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

My AR heads into the shop in the morning to have the recall done. I miss the aux heater!!!!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got my AR back today from having the recall done. I was surprised by the amount of stuff they took apart on the glove box side of the dash. But, it's done, it's all back together and nice and tight with no squeaks!!!

Big shout out to my dealership though. Prestige Imports handed over a new 2018 A5 Sportback S-Line (prestige pkg) to me to drive around while my AR was being worked on. HOLY COW, is that a fantastic car. I'm in love with that thing!!! But.... I love not having car payments just THAAAAAT much more!!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in Sept 2016, per my notes on True Delta: "Received notice in mail Safety Recall Notice 82B8 auxiliary air heater (PTC element); heating performance may decrease over time. Perform SVM software update to control module."

I presume the recall you're talking about is different. I know I've got something pending for my 2013 but don't remember what -- waiting on a notice to be mailed from Audi.

But anyway... how do you "turn off" the aux heat? I don't recall seeing that option on the MMI screen, not a button on the panel.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:00 PM
Head Cat Herder

If if you look under the “car” menu, then AC you will see the control for the aux heater. As far as I know they replaced either the heater or the harness to it.

Originally Posted by Naughtie
Back in Sept 2016, per my notes on True Delta: "Received notice in mail Safety Recall Notice 82B8 auxiliary air heater (PTC element); heating performance may decrease over time. Perform SVM software update to control module."

I presume the recall you're talking about is different. I know I've got something pending for my 2013 but don't remember what -- waiting on a notice to be mailed from Audi.

But anyway... how do you "turn off" the aux heat? I don't recall seeing that option on the MMI screen, not a button on the panel.

Quick Reply: Received my recall notice for Aux heater