A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

034 Motorsport Springs - real world experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

So after a couple days of bombing around I am pretty happy with the ride. Im not sure if I will keep it forever but that is purely because of where I live, not the setup. Keep in mid I'm coming from a truck with 35in tires and a foot of suspension travel and I live in practically a 3rd world country down here in NOLA. I was honestly a bit worried but it is tolerable down here so I wouldn't hesitate with halfway decent roads. I do see what people are talking about with the bit of bounce in comfort mode but on rough roads it is worth it and not out of hand. I had 4 passengers in the car last night and I didn't have any complaints. I'm also on 20s so if you stay in 18-19 range you should be even better off. The car handles beautifully and feel like it is on rails but again, I haven't owned a proper handling car in years. I will eventually get it on the track and will then probably start questioning the rear sway because practically every VW/Audi needs one but time will tell. In the mean time the stance is just about perfect imho and it will be hard to go to anything else.

The following 4 users liked this post by Turboale:
2ducs (01-05-2021), jolsongoude (09-28-2021), Mythdoc (07-12-2021), Z06jerry (10-01-2021)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking boss!
Old 03-26-2019, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by veloAR
Looking boss!
Agree, very, very nice.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have these springs on a car with the non-adaptive suspension? It wasn't standard in Canada and it's one of the few options my car doesn't have.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

You are probably better off than the adaptive honestly...
I obviously haven't ridden in a non-adaptive Allroad but I would guess that the valving is between the two adaptive settings. Maybe reach out to 034 and see if they have any knowledge of factory shock valving?

Originally Posted by ouldsmobile
Anyone have these springs on a car with the non-adaptive suspension? It wasn't standard in Canada and it's one of the few options my car doesn't have.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by veloAR

please do tell about the grill....
Painted Gloss Black. Holding up so so. Some flex chips that annoy me. They could have done a better job. I would take somewhere else next time. Likely will be re-doing or going with another option *cough* *cough* if I can just find the time to dedicate.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne
rear sway bar and subframe mounts will really help firm up the backend. It will feel less top heavy and more grounded.

Front strut brace really helps up front too, definitely recommend. I'd also suggest the transmission mount insert it also makes for a smoother/better ride.
x2 on all the above.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turboale
So after a couple days of bombing around I am pretty happy with the ride. Im not sure if I will keep it forever but that is purely because of where I live, not the setup. Keep in mid I'm coming from a truck with 35in tires and a foot of suspension travel and I live in practically a 3rd world country down here in NOLA. I was honestly a bit worried but it is tolerable down here so I wouldn't hesitate with halfway decent roads. I do see what people are talking about with the bit of bounce in comfort mode but on rough roads it is worth it and not out of hand. I had 4 passengers in the car last night and I didn't have any complaints. I'm also on 20s so if you stay in 18-19 range you should be even better off. The car handles beautifully and feel like it is on rails but again, I haven't owned a proper handling car in years. I will eventually get it on the track and will then probably start questioning the rear sway because practically every VW/Audi needs one but time will tell. In the mean time the stance is just about perfect imho and it will be hard to go to anything else.

muuuuuuuuuch bettter....
Old 03-29-2019, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Your car looks incredible and can pass for an Allroad advertisement. Fogs looks good too, but is not something I could/would ever attempt. You and Breadnbooze must be pretty skilled and confident to put the fogs on.
Thanks Bob. Need to get a few more things in the pipes going before Spring springs for this season!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What effect, if any, will the addition of the 034 motorsport springs have on the warranty of the A4 Allroad?

Quick Reply: 034 Motorsport Springs - real world experiences