A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2017 A4 speaker trim recall

Old 02-23-2018, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A4 speaker trim recall

I went to the dealer for an oil change on my 2017 A4. They said there was a recall for the speaker trim and they neede to fix it.
I thought, ok, I知 here so why not. They proceeded to rip the trim pieces off all 4 speakers and did not replace it with anything. It looks like crap! They said they will replace it when they have the parts. But I知 seeing other people had this happen 3-4 months ago and they still don稚 have replacement parts? Does anyone know when or if they are ever going to have parts to replace these?
Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard the parts have started to trickle in. On another note, i have not heard that this was the route the dealers are taking. I would have thrown a fit if they did this to me. Did they tell you that they didn't have the replacement part?

Originally Posted by Ron Nepereny
I went to the dealer for an oil change on my 2017 A4. They said there was a recall for the speaker trim and they neede to fix it.
I thought, ok, I知 here so why not. They proceeded to rip the trim pieces off all 4 speakers and did not replace it with anything. It looks like crap! They said they will replace it when they have the parts. But I知 seeing other people had this happen 3-4 months ago and they still don稚 have replacement parts? Does anyone know when or if they are ever going to have parts to replace these?
Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My new A4 Allroad with a build date of January 2nd has the revised B&O speaker trim
Old 03-01-2018, 01:41 PM
are
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the dealers for service a few weeks ago. They removed the trim and didn't replace it. I asked if they could just leave it in place and they said no.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel like there must be a better customer service solution than ripping out peoples speaker trim that happen into the dealership and replacing it with nothing.

Originally Posted by are
I was at the dealers for service a few weeks ago. They removed the trim and didn't replace it. I asked if they could just leave it in place and they said no.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I feel like there must be a better customer service solution than ripping out peoples speaker trim that happen into the dealership and replacing it with nothing.

I agree. Even if they put a clear tape over the edges is better than ripping out the trim and leaving an unsightly mess. C'mon Audi, you can do better than that.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I agree. Even if they put a clear tape over the edges is better than ripping out the trim and leaving an unsightly mess. C'mon Audi, you can do better than that.
I have looked closely at my trim, and they are like an Exacto blade waiting to slice into you. As bad as it seems, they are doing the right thing by pulling them off even if they don't have the replacement yet. These things are dangerous.

Last edited by archrenov8; 07-16-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

When I took my B9 sedan into the dealer for its 10k service they replaced the speaker trim. I posted pictures here for those who are curious what new trim looks like: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=12
Old 03-09-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
I have looked closely at my trim, and they are like an Exact blade waiting to slice into you. As bad sit seems, they are doing the right thing by pulling them off even if they don't have the replacement yet. These things are dangerous.

I finally took a look at mine and agree with you. They are extremely sharp if you catch it the wrong way, you will get cut. I can see why they removed it - huge liability if someone got cut. But I still think they could formulate some heavy but clear tape to place over the trim until they get the new trim in hand.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I finally took a look at mine and agree with you. They are extremely sharp if you catch it the wrong way, you will get cut. I can see why they removed it - huge liability if someone got cut. But I still think they could formulate some heavy but clear tape to place over the trim until they get the new trim in hand.
Well, imagine that scenario. Someone looks at the tape, and says_ "That looks like crap!" So they pull the tape off, which causes the sharp metal trim piece to protrude even more. Not a good outcome.

Fortunately, it is down low on the door, so it is out of the way and mostly out of sight.

Last edited by archrenov8; 07-16-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 A4 speaker trim recall