A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2017 vs 2018 allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

not sure if this helps with price confidence I think you have a pretty good deal. on the last day of Nov 2018 I bought a used 2017 Prestige, Gotland Green over Nougat Brown hot and cold weather package, came with audi care, and 20K miles on it for around $40K. it was on a used lot, 1,000 miles away at a Mercedes dealership, the cheapest CPO with the same specs i could find at that time was a poor color combo and $43.5K, and this was after all the end of year promotions and negotiations.

the car you are looking at, is in my dream color combo so it is probably priceless in my opinion

when i was shopping i also was focusing on Premium Plus, as that is all one needs. but during my long ride home, i was very happy to have the DAP package and find i use my HUD, top view camera and traffic sign recognition every day. so if you can get a car with a few cool extra features why not.

to add/counter what Vandelay said about the seats, when i first started looking i had no sports seats as a requirement. in my previous cars i have used a lumbar pillow and felt the regular seats would have more padding for me. but after i bought the car, during my 1,000 mi journey home, I came to love my sport seats, and no longer need my old lady back pillow on long drives.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the input. Going to call the dealer, see if he'll maybe knock some off the price to help on Audi Care, and arrange to fly down. I've talked to a couple out of state dealers and it always seems to surprise them that someone would fly in, buy the car, and drive it back home. Maybe dealers don't care that these are sort of unicorns, since they're busy selling Q5's and A4's (at least in my neck of the woods)?
Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I would chime in as I was recently in the same boat as the OP. I am in Canada so currency and units will differ a bit but otherwise every thing else should be similar.

I have always liked the Audi wagons and previously owned a B6 A4 Avant prior to this. I too visited the dealer and test drove a brand new Allroad and while I really liked it, I couldn't justify the cost of buying brand new, it was more than I was willing to spend on a vehicle. So, I started watching the dealers for pre owned 2017's but not really seriously. I was driving a 2011 S4 at the time which was paid for and I was still enjoying for the most part.

Fast forward a few months, I had kind of forgotten about watching for Allroads up for sale and for some reason I randomly checked the Audi.ca site for pre owned Allroads one afternoon and lo and behold there were 2 for sale locally. One sold before I had a chance to look at it, but ended up purchasing the second one which was a bit further away but had the better options anyways(compared to the one that had sold.) It was a 2017 Technik(Canadian speak for Presitge) Moonlight Blue/Grey Sport Interior/Grey Oak Trim fully loaded except HUD and the Adjustable Sport Dampers(I think those are the only options missing as far as I can tell, the sport suspension wasn't standard in Canada as it was in the US for some reason.) Came with two sets of OEM wheels(18" Winters, 19" Summers.) It was ~45k Canadian(which is about $33k USD) and had 45k kms(~27k miles) at time of purchase and was strangely enough exactly 2 years old to the day. It was a CPO car which had the two years remaining factory warranty plus one year extended warranty on top of the that. In the end I think I saved about 40% from a similarly equipped brand new Allroad so was definitely worth buying pre owned in my case and would recommend it if you can find one with the options you want. I really enjoy the newer tech/interior in the Allroad and it is much more comfortable on my daily commute. I ended up trading my S4 in which helped bring the payments down even further. I have had the car for about 3 months now and am still loving it. No complaints.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

WOW, nice price. There are CPO 2016's here in Seattle for close to 30k US. The same 2017 CPO Prestige is going to run close to 40k here, albeit with typically lower mileage, (not sure why there are so many very low mileage single owner 17's and 18's out there, as a percentage of the ones for sale). You guys up north get the good stuff sometimes. I was considering importing a stickshift 2016 Outback Wagon from Canada before I settled on the Allroad, but it was going to end up being so expensive and such a pain, that I gave up.