A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2018 AR sensitive passenger side seatbelt sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 01:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 AR sensitive passenger side seatbelt sensor

My passenger side seatbelt chime goes off sometimes if any one of a cell phone, water bottle (16-40oz), laptop, small tablet (stuff like that) are on the riding without a seatbelt

Are all the passenger seatbelt sensors this sensitive now-a-days ? Or is mine a fluke. Super duper annoying.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Whoops ... typo; that should read "My passenger side seatbelt chime goes off sometimes if any one of a cell phone, water bottle (16-40oz), laptop, small tablet (stuff like that) are riding without a seatbelt." Guess you can't edit your own posts here
Old 03-16-2018, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kaiserbeto
Whoops ... typo; that should read "My passenger side seatbelt chime goes off sometimes if any one of a cell phone, water bottle (16-40oz), laptop, small tablet (stuff like that) are riding without a seatbelt." Guess you can't edit your own posts here
Just disable the seatbelt chime......I do this for all my cars, can't stand all the warning noises cars make this days!
Old 03-16-2018, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it makes me crazy. I end up just plugging in the seat belt when I take my dog along on a ride.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tsetso
Just disable the seatbelt chime......I do this for all my cars, can't stand all the warning noises cars make this days!
Yea that was my very first inclination ... can you do it without VAG though?
Old 03-16-2018, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yea that was my very first inclination ... can you do it without VAG though?
No..or at least I don't know a way to do it without VAG. I'm sure someone on this forum with VAG will help you.
Are you in US?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No..or at least I don't know a way to do it without VAG. I'm sure someone on this forum with VAG will help you.
Are you in US?
Yep, in the US. I'm technical, but generally not so in an automotive sense. Are there any decent guides or how-to documentation anyone can share? Last thing I want to do is brick my car
Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My SA told me that the electronics in the phone makes the seat think someone is sitting there. Fortunately, I have sport seats, and leave the thigh supports extended about an inch.

I stand my cellphone up upside down in the gap between my seat cushion and the extended support.

Last edited by archrenov8; 03-16-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yep, in the US. I'm technical, but generally not so in an automotive sense. Are there any decent guides or how-to documentation anyone can share? Last thing I want to do is brick my car
I'll try find time tomorrow and hook up my laptop to take few screenshots with VCDS. Do you have VAG-COM cable? Many folks use ODB11 (never work with it so can't help there)
Old 03-24-2018, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'll try find time tomorrow and hook up my laptop to take few screenshots with VCDS. Do you have VAG-COM cable? Many folks use ODB11 (never work with it so can't help there)
I just ordered my OBD11 ... should be here in a week or so. Fingers crossed! Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2018 AR sensitive passenger side seatbelt sensor