A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2018 AR US trim options/bundles?

Old 04-10-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Only way to achieve Sport Seats is now via Warm Weather Package.
Super annoyed at the loss of my Black Headliner option and being forced in DAP for waiting to order a 2018. Super annoyed.
The lack of customization options offered by Audi and VW's in the US is forever a subject of much annoyance to me. I get tiers and packages as a way to deliver similar cars to all the dealerships and keep costs down. I get it. I do t like it, but I get it. However, if we're special ordering a vehicle straight from the production line we should be able to order whatever options are available on the model regardless of final destination (pending legal stuff of course like Matrix LED). Cough, black roof rails, cough cough, black headliner and so on....
Ahh, missed that in the WW package, thanks. Wasn't planning on getting that one since it was comically overpriced in my opinion. Hopefully AoA lowers the pricing of the WW package, and makes the black headliner at least an option with the black interior.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad my order for 2017 is in and I didn't wait for the 2018 because the sport seats are mandatory for me....and I'm not a ventilated seat proponent. The black headliner is such a classy thing to have...my last three Audi's have had it.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It's nice to see the leatherette armrests and center console make an appearance, even if it is forced on Prestige. Really improves the look and feel!

Old 04-10-2017, 05:52 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealer said no changes to 2017 allocations. Looks like i'm SOL with the configuration i wanted... I had put down deposit too. ugh, finally committed and Audi taketh away.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BSW
Dealer said no changes to 2017 allocations. Looks like i'm SOL with the configuration i wanted... I had put down deposit too. ugh, finally committed and Audi taketh away.
Look for another dealer ... even out of town if that's what it takes.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:44 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They were all ready to do it but apparently Audi are the ones who froze the allocations so i assume other dealers can't do much either.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm on the horn with Audi lodging a complaint and trying to get some clarity in regards to the Sport Package removal. Removing non-ventilated Sport Seats and the option for a black headliner within 1 model year is really tweaking my outrage bone.

Slow morning. Will let you know what people have to say (probably jack....).
Old 04-11-2017, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm on the horn with Audi lodging a complaint and trying to get some clarity in regards to the Sport Package removal. Removing non-ventilated Sport Seats and the option for a black headliner within 1 model year is really tweaking my outrage bone.

Slow morning. Will let you know what people have to say (probably jack....).
Well, that went about the way I expected. No real information or reasoning. I was very reasonable and asked about lodging a complaint and feedback in regards to removing options that people were banking on within 1 mode year on a brand new vehicle release. I was advised that all of these complaints are read and do go up the food chain so she encouraged me to call back and complain again. I told her that I was more than happy to do so and could even sic numerous Audi forum members in them who are annoyed about the same thing.

Have at it people. 10 minutes of your time.
(800) 367-2834
Old 04-11-2017, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, that went about the way I expected. No real information or reasoning. I was very reasonable and asked about lodging a complaint and feedback in regards to removing options that people were banking on within 1 mode year on a brand new vehicle release. I was advised that all of these complaints are read and do go up the food chain so she encouraged me to call back and complain again. I told her that I was more than happy to do so and could even sic numerous Audi forum members in them who are annoyed about the same thing.

Have at it people. 10 minutes of your time.
(800) 367-2834
Will give them a call later for sure. I kind of get the order simplification angle (combining DAP with Prestige seems like a no-brainer), but severely limiting the options on an already options-limited vehicle still makes no sense to me since the sport pack is still available for the MY '18 A4 sedan.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wanted to say that it looks like Audi is simplifying their US offerings similar to what's available in Canada (which, alas, already gets largely US-spec cars rather than RoW offerings like matrix LEDs, amber rear turn signals, and low-profile rear headrests), but then I promptly went cross-eyed trying to compare trims, packages, and options for US/CA Allroads.

I can't decide which is more absurd: Giving neighboring markets basically the same car with different options combinations, or not allowing greater choice on vehicles that are mostly going to be built-to-order anyway.

(Also, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Hello!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 AR US trim options/bundles?